When we began planning our annual Galentine’s Day brunch this year, I knew I wanted to make something special. Thanks to Flour Shop, a new bakery in Soho, everyone has been obsessing over their sprinkle filled, rainbow cakes and it gave me the perfect inspiration to try for myself.
While it seems like this it would be very challenging, it was so much easier than I thought! I put my Valentine’s Day spin on it with strawberry boxed cake mix and conversation hearts and after a few easy steps, an Instagram worthy cake was made! Here’s a breakdown of how to make one for yourself:
– 2 boxes of boxed cake mix (flavor of your choice)
– 2 frostings (flavor of your choice)
– 1 bag of candy
1. Make the cake mixes per the directions on the box and bake in four 9″ circle cake pans
2. After cooling, use a large circle cookie cutter or drinking glass to help cut the center out of two of the layers.
3. Next, frost and stack each layer, with the two cut out layers stacked in the middle. The bottom and top layer should be without the cut out.
4. Before stacking the final top layer, fill the candy in the center hole to the top. Then top with the final layer.
5. Finally, frost the cake and get ready to cut in for the fun surprise!
Would love to hear if any of you try this for your own Valentine’s Day or any other celebration! There are so many fun options to try for the holidays to come. Enjoy!
SHOP MY FAVORITE BAKING ITEMS