1.This week flew by thanks to lots of fun plans with friends. Valentine’s Day was filled with lots of Sugarfina candy, homemade treats (made these easy cake cookies for the office), trying new spots for dinner and drinks and then a secret stand up show with John Mulaney! Also seeing him again tonight with friends at Radio City – so excited!
2. So obsessed with Nicolette’s home tour on The Coveteur. Doesn’t get much more chic than Gucci in your Kitchen Aid Mixer right?! Also loved Grace’s bedroom reveal on her blog too (so cozy and relaxing!).
3. I’ve recently fallen in love with a new workout studio here in NYC called Bari Studio. Seriously the best workout class ever! Also my favorite spin studio, The Monster Cycle (they play the music videos while you spin), has had so many fun themes this week (like Britney v. Justin) that I’ve been so excited to go workout this week! New workout clothes too, like these leggings, make it a little more fun too.
4. With this week’s horrible tragedy in Florida, it is another constant reminder that so much needs to change in our country. I loved this post on Glitter Guide about 20 random acts of kindness because right now, everyone needs a little bit of that.
5. The weather was in the 50s this week so I couldn’t resist doing a little spring shopping! From the perfect white tee, to new pajamas (the softest pjs ever!) to a pink bikini, so many great pieces coming out!
I have been so bad about my week recap posts lately so finally working on changing that! A few favorites of the week below:
1. My mom is here this weekend for Mother’s Day and I’m so excited to take her to some of my favorite restaurants and see one of my favorite Broadway shows, Wicked (she’s never seen it!). Going to be a fun girls weekend!
2. Harry Styles’ new album is out today on Spotify and even if you weren’t a One Direction fan, this album is incredible. My favorites? “Woman” and “Carolina” have been on repeat all morning.
3. I got to test out the new Sugarfina x Pressed Juicery Green Juice Bears a few weeks ago and I think I found my new favorite guilt-free treat!
4. Loving these looks this week! Meghan’s statement pants, Ali’s all white with a pop of blue and Jenn’s happy yellow dress!
5. I’m focusing on doing a lot of spring shopping this weekend while my mom is here so thank goodness for all the sales like 25% off at J. Crew & 30% off at Baublebar! Shop some of the items on my wish list below:
Well hello again Fashion Week! It’s hard to believe this is my sixth season of attending the shows. Overall, NYFW has changed so much since I first came my senior year of college but it is still is full of pinch me moments and of course, unreal fashion.
With the shows now spread across the city, it’s important to keep all the essentials I need for the whole day with me to make sure I can last the day. Today, I’m breaking down what’s in my bag, along with some of my favorite bags I carry, to help me survive the week.
1. Makeup for touch ups: My favorite products for easy touch ups is Laura Geller’s Gilded Honey and Glossier’s Lip Gloss. The Gilded Honey is a great multi-use product and my favorite highlighter out there, helping you give glow on the go. And even if I’m not looking my best, a swipe of a shiny pink gloss is an easy fix.
2. A mini fragrance: I love to keep mini fragrances in my bag and STASH by Sarah Jessica Parker is my current favorite for a spritz before a show or party.
3. Sweet treat: A few Sugarfina lips give me a little extra sugar buzz when I feel like crashing!
4. Card holder: This Cuyana card holder is my favorite to keep all my cards in one place. From my Metro Card for the subway to a Sweetgreen gift card for a salad on the go, I love how sleek it is.
5. Change of shoes: This weeks weather has been up and down, from 60 degrees to 25 degrees, but a pair of Havaianas are easy to keep in my bag and change into in a cab in between shoes, and rest my feet!
NYFW WORTHY BAGS: