1.I’m so excited for tonight as I’m hosting a fun Friendsgiving cocktail event for Chandon at their headquarters! So surreal to partner with a brand I love so much already and feel very humbled they asked me to host. I’m planning on wearing this sparkly little dress thanks to Kate Spade while I sip on a glass of champagne or two!
2. Along with my event with Chandon, I’m also having my own Friendsgiving with my friends at my apartment. I’m using Gaby’s tips and tricks and hoping to make an epic cheeseboard for all of us tonight!
3. I went and saw Greta Gerwig’s new film, “Ladybird” last week and I can’t rave enough about this incredible film. It perfectly captures the struggles of a high school student and was both heartwarming and hilarious.
4. Some favorite posts of the week? Grace’s simple and chic look, Jillian’s coastal Christmas guide and Mackenzie’s wedding week photos, especially this post on her getting ready and first look photos!
5. It was extra chilly this week so I can’t stop stocking up on cozy pieces! Everlane has so much beautiful cashmere for incredible prices, H&M‘s sweater selection is so good right now and can’t get enough of everything J. Crew!
There is nothing better at the end of the day than getting into your favorite cozy pajamas or sweats. To kick off my holiday gift guides, I wanted to share one of my favorite gifts to receive: new pajamas! From matching flannel sets to extra soft sweatpants, I’ve rounded up the best pjs and loungewear to wear during your holidays, and throughout the chillier months!
Sweatshirts and and Sweatpants
Slippers and Eye Masks
When it comes to fashion, I always like to test the limits and see what works. What some may call a fashion faux pas, I tried the double denim or “Candian Tuxedo” for a crisp fall day and I got to say I loved it. The trick is of course pairing a light chambray and a brighter or darker blue on bottom to break up the head to toe look.
While great together, I have to talk about the shirt and jeans on their own because they are my absolute go-to staples now. This chambray shirt is the softest fabric, and has the perfect balance between structure and comfort. I love it untucked too with leather pants, tucked in a high-waisted skirt or just casual with a vest or jacket over it. A definite classic to buy!
But the best part of this outfit. THESE JEANS. I have tried over 10 pairs of jeans this fall and could not find a pair that was comfortable but still looked like a jean and not a legging. That was until I finally gave in and tried these and I was sold. Khloe Kardashian really knows what she’s doing because they are perfect for the girl with a smaller waist and curvier legs and butt. A few favorite elements?
1. The fabric is super stretchy, but doesn’t stretch out.
2. It’s the perfect high waist, making them dressy enough for work or casual for the weekend.
3. They are so flattering, especially on the butt! (Size down one size!)
Cannot recommend these pieces enough so get ready to see a lot of them from now on!
SHOP THE POST
When I was in middle school, I had a graphic tee for just about everything. While now looking back at some of those trendy tees (such as “Jesus Is My Homeboy”…) make me cringe, there’s a new, chic update that I’ve found myself obsessing over again (like my favorite Budweiser tee). Paired with my favorite high-waisted jeans and a boxy blazer, I love how adding a fun graphic tee creates a relaxed, vintage vibe.
Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ones for sale right now that help you easily achieve that lived in look, without having to dig around at a thrift store for the perfect one.
WORDS AND SAYINGS
MOVIES AND MUSIC
1. I recently found this amazing store called Bulletin in Soho and it has become my go-to for gifts. For the holiday season, they are opening their 90s themed mini mall in Flatiron and its way too much fun not to stop and shop in! Another great reason to shop there? The store features all women owned brands and 10% of all their sales go to help Planned Parenthood. A pink store that plays J. Lo all day, what’s not to love!?
2. It’s my birthday on Sunday, so I’m heading out for tacos and margaritas tonight with some of my favorite people. I’m planning on wearing this shirt and not only do I love the price and how it looks, but its also called the “Carly” shirt so how could I not resist?!
3. It’s crazy how quick things went from Halloween to Christmas but I don’t hate it! I love this cute Christmas cookie guide Liz put together, Lauren’s Christmas tree decorating ideas and Jenn’s incredible gift guide!
4. If you’re a fan of Man Repeller, now you too can hang their photos in your home thanks to their new collab with Framebridge! Obsessed with the Lobster Dinner and The Face Mask prints.
5. Weekend sales, shop away! My favorite winter coat, the field jacket I can’t get enough of and this luxe faux fur vest.
Namrata Joshipura Bow, Zara Fur (old, similar)
Dry Shampoo, amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo has been my favorite for years thanks to its amazing scent and easy to blend powder, making my dirty hair looks its best.
Texture Spray, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: Since my hair is a natural wave/curl to it, I rely on this texturizing spray to help get “just back from the beach” waves. Plus, it gives your hair an incredible scent so its worth an extra few sprays.
Frizz Protectant, R+Co Foil Frizz Plus Static Control Spray: For when I just need to smooth away flyaways or help get rid of frizz, this spray is the one I always reach to. Plus the packaging is too cute not to leave out on my vanity.
Hair Spray, L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray: This hairspray is a favorite among hair stylists and celebrities and I quickly learned why once I started using it. It keeps my hair in place all day, and great for helping smooth any flyaways as well.
Heat Protectant, Kerastase L’incroyable Blowdry Lotion: Before blow drying my hair, I like to apply two pumps of this lotion throughout my hair. The reason this is a favorite is because it allows you to easily restyle or change your hair with the use of heat tools and not have to worry about rewashing to get a different look.
Hair Oil, OUAI Hair Oil: At night, I’m all about covering my hair and skin in oil. From the minute I first tried the OUAI oil on my hair I was hooked. It smells INCREDIBLE. If you’re a fan of jasmine and floral scents, this oil is perfect. You only need one pump to coat your hair with the ideal amount. I apply it to my wet hair and let it air dry for smoother, natural waves.
Shampoo and Conditioner, L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner: Although I am a brunette, I love to use a purple shampoo and conditioner on my hair to keep my blonde highlights from getting brassy, and the rest of my hair turning red. This shampoo and conditioner is such a great price point and has kept my hair looking its best for months now.
Curling Wand, amika Curl Icon Base Kit: I’ve never been able to curl my own hair until I tried this wand from amika. It makes it so easy to get those relaxed waves. I can curl my whole head now in under 15 minutes and the interchangeable wand sizes make it easy to find the perfect sized curls for you!
Straightner, Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth 1 1/4″ Flat Iron: No joke, I have had this hair straightner since I was a junior in high school and it still works like its brand new I’ve never found another straightner that does the job like this one, especially with my thick and wavy hair.
Accessories, J. Crew: J. Crew always seems to nail it when it comes to hair accessories. My favorite this season is their velvet bow hair-ties and I had to use self control not to buy all three colors! They’re perfect for dressing up a simple outfit this fall and holiday season.
SHOP THE POST
Hello November! I can’t get over how fast the last few months have gone and that it’s already the holiday season! November is always a favorite of mine thanks to my birthday (I’m turning 26 on Sunday, eek!) and seeing family and friends at Thanksgiving.
I’ve had my eyes on a few things and with so many good sales, I couldn’t resist sharing my November wish list with you all so you can shop it as well! If you didn’t know already, Shopbop is having a surprise sale right now with so many great deals, especially under $100! I love these velvet jeans for the holidays, a classic pair of flares and this gorgeous velvet dress for all the holiday parties coming up!
Other favorites this month? Lots of cozy knits and jackets, fun home accessories and a lot of pink (even pink gin)! Happy shopping!
1. H&M Knit Sweater: H&M is killing it with their sweaters this season, and this cherry red one is next on my list.
2. Brunch Lady Fiberglass Tray: How adorable is this tray?! Would be perfect for a coffee table or use to serve at your next brunch!
3. Sam Edelman Velvet Pumps: I can’t stop thinking about this swoon-worthy blush heels! Would be so cute with boyfriend jeans and got to love they’re under $150!
4. Mango Contrast Faux Fur Coat: Mango is a new find of mine thanks to all their incredible coats and I love the tan teddy bear coat with the pop of hot pink on the sleeves.
5. Wolffer Estate Pink Gin: After month’s of being sold out, this pink gin finally hit the shelves here in NYC! Can’t resist my favorite cocktail in pink form!
SHOP MORE FAVORITES
For me, fall is all about layering. With the every changing temperatures and forecasts, having pieces that I can easily throw on and mix and match with other favorites is key. For my recent trip out to visit wineries on Long Island, I wanted to make sure I would be comfortable from morning till night. This jacket was the perfect piece to bring along because it’s light weight material kept me warm, but not overheated, and was ideal for the different locations we visited. I paired it with my three fall essentials, a striped tee, my new favorite jeans and a classic pair of loafers for an easy on the go look. Olive green is a favorite color of mine for fall because it goes with almost everything (black, brown, navy) and I also loved the quilted detailing on this coat. Best part? It’s on super sale today so make sure to grab it before it’s too late!
Location: Macari Vineyards, Long Island, New York
SHOP THE POST
1. I received from the Kate Spade team this week a copy of their beautiful new book, She. Kate Spade always creates amazing coffee table books but this one all about inspirational women I think takes the cake for my favorite. A must to give any of the favorite ladies in your life!
2. Thinking of making this spooky Halloween sangria tonight for our friends before we head out for the night!
3. I had never been a huge Demi Lovato fan before but after watching her new YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, I can’t stop listening to her new album. Highly recommend watching and listening to both!
4. Posts I’ve been loving? Jess‘ tips for layering, Kat‘s all white look and Jessica‘s travel bucket list (how cute is the new Away x Gray Malin collab?!)
5. When it comes to Halloween costumes I like to use items in my closet I already own. Last year, I went as J. Lo (Juicy tracksuit and all) and also a Pink Lady. This year, I’m going as Cher from Clueless and the only thing I had to buy was the fuzzy pink pen! Shop the pieces you need (plus some other favorite Halloween decorations and treats!) before Tuesday!
When it comes to shopping, finding pieces that are versatile enough for both work, weekend and date night are always my main goals. I’ve always been gravitated to classic pieces that have a twist to them and when I spotted this blazer, I knew it would be a favorite to throw on no matter what my plans were. I was instantly drawn to its metallic tweed, pearl buttons and oversized fit, which makes it so comfortable to be in all day. For work, I love finding new ways to dress up my favorite boyfriend jeans and with a black tank and heels, this outfit was an easy one to put together.
The best part? This blazer is under $50! The tweed and pearls make it look and feel so much more expensive than it actually is, making it a great staple to mix and match with. Some other outfit ideas I’m thinking of? Leather leggings and a black turtleneck, a sweater dress and over the knee boots and when its warmer out again, a pair of Chanel flats and high rise denim shorts. Get ready to see lots more of this blazer from me!
Photos by Carter Fish
Location: Stone Street, New York City
SHOP THE POST