When I got back from the holidays earlier this month, let’s just say I was not feeling my best. From the heavy food to barely working out to long car and plane rides, my body was in need of a major reset. Now a few weeks in and getting back into my normal routine, I’m sharing the five things I focus on when in need of a health kick reset.
- Do a detox: The quickest way for me to start feeling better is to cut out carbs, dairy and sugars from my diet. Tone It Up has an amazing 5 day detox free program that I used to help with recipes and it was such an easy way to figure out what I should and shouldn’t eat.
- Increase my workouts: Getting back into my regular workout routine is key when I get back from a trip. However, to really kick things up, I aim to workout 6 days a week instead of my normal 4-5. The routine that works best for me is alternating between doing BBG workouts in the gym and then the other days, cardio focused workout classes like spin or boot camp.
- Drink water: I’m always so bad about drinking water when on vacation so I always make sure to kick up my water intake once I get back. I use this ban.do cup at work to keep refilling throughout the day to make sure I’m constantly drinking water throughout the day. Not only does my skin look better, I also fill fuller too throughout the day.
- Try new recipes: With the cold temps outside, I try to cook more healthy recipes at home during January. Some of my favorites I’ve tried recently are this Golden Soup from Half-Baked Harvest and these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostadas from Goop. When I do go out though, I try to head to some of these healthy favorites around the city.
- Buy new workout pieces: The best motivator is cute new workout clothes right?! As always, Old Navy is my go-to for all my workout pieces. Not only do they come in so many fun patterns, colors and styles, they truly last wash after wash. If you don’t own a pair of their leggings, whether for spin or just running errands on the weekend, buy them now! Seriously the most flattering leggings I’ve ever owned, don’t fall down and under $40: doesn’t get better than that!
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post!