1.Time flies and somehow another NYFW is here! I’m heading to my favorite show every season this morning (Kate Spade!) and looking forward to seeing some of my favorite ladies too. Also, they have so many good pieces right now from this floral dress to Valentine’s Day sweater that I may need to do a little shopping this weekend too.
2. I’ve seen everyone posting the GG Crackers thanks to Lauryn sharing her obsession. I just ordered them for myself to try after seeing Brooke and Meggan’s roundup of recipes to try!
3. My friends and I are throwing our annual Galentine’s Day party and I’m so excited to celebrate with all our girlfriends over mimosas and waffles (with our favorite mini waffle maker! This party from Lauren Conrad is such fun inspo and stay tuned for another fun dessert on Monday as well!
4. I’ve been on a big Amazon kick lately and trying to buy things that will help with organizing and taking care of things that have been on my to-do list. This week’s life changing purchase? A powerful sweater shaver to help git rid of all those annoying pills – it’s the best!
5. A lot of stores are starting to release their spring pieces and I couldn’t resist picking up a few things already for Florida next week, shop below to see what I got!
1.Hello February! Didn’t January seem to be the longest month ever?! So excited for the month ahead! This weekend I’m looking forward to a new haircut and color (stay tuned on Instagram for the reveal!), checking a lot of my to-do list and the Superbowl Halftime Show with one of my favorites, Justin Timberlake!
2. Speaking of new hair, I just ordered a ton from Kristin Ess’ line at Target. I’ve heard amazing reviews about her dry shampoo and I’m excited to also try her air dry creme and beach wave spray. Plus the packaging is gorgeous so it’s perfect to display on your counter too.
3. Posts I loved this week? Gaby’s roundup of insanely delicious looking Superbowl recipes, Blair’s fun color combo and can’t get over how adorable Kelly and Jeff’s nursery for Arlo is!
4. The cold weather has me dreaming of my beach vacay next month! J. Crew launched their new swim collection this week and I couldn’t resist picking up this pink bikini.
5. Speaking of shopping, I picked up a few random things this week, from fun Valentine’s Day sunnies (incredible Saint Laurent dupes!) to a new desk calendar to some beauty lifesavers (this ice roller, brow serum and teeth whitening pen are musts!). What’s on your shopping list this month?
When I got back from the holidays earlier this month, let’s just say I was not feeling my best. From the heavy food to barely working out to long car and plane rides, my body was in need of a major reset. Now a few weeks in and getting back into my normal routine, I’m sharing the five things I focus on when in need of a health kick reset.
- Do a detox: The quickest way for me to start feeling better is to cut out carbs, dairy and sugars from my diet. Tone It Up has an amazing 5 day detox free program that I used to help with recipes and it was such an easy way to figure out what I should and shouldn’t eat.
- Increase my workouts: Getting back into my regular workout routine is key when I get back from a trip. However, to really kick things up, I aim to workout 6 days a week instead of my normal 4-5. The routine that works best for me is alternating between doing BBG workouts in the gym and then the other days, cardio focused workout classes like spin or boot camp.
- Drink water: I’m always so bad about drinking water when on vacation so I always make sure to kick up my water intake once I get back. I use this ban.do cup at work to keep refilling throughout the day to make sure I’m constantly drinking water throughout the day. Not only does my skin look better, I also fill fuller too throughout the day.
- Try new recipes: With the cold temps outside, I try to cook more healthy recipes at home during January. Some of my favorites I’ve tried recently are this Golden Soup from Half-Baked Harvest and these Black Bean and Sweet Potato Tostadas from Goop. When I do go out though, I try to head to some of these healthy favorites around the city.
- Buy new workout pieces: The best motivator is cute new workout clothes right?! As always, Old Navy is my go-to for all my workout pieces. Not only do they come in so many fun patterns, colors and styles, they truly last wash after wash. If you don’t own a pair of their leggings, whether for spin or just running errands on the weekend, buy them now! Seriously the most flattering leggings I’ve ever owned, don’t fall down and under $40: doesn’t get better than that!
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post!
1. Felt so great to catch up with Mackenzie and Katie this week at an adorable new spot Motel Morris. Nothing better than great girl talk with a side of fries and margaritas!
2. It was the perfect fall weather this week, which means lots of cooking and baking! So excited to try Merritt’s recipe for Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Sage.
3. I cannot get over how stunning Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe’s Positano wedding was! Every single detail was perfection and I can’t imagine anywhere more dreamy than Positano to get married.
4. Fall is filled with birthdays and I’ve found such adorable pieces at Parker Thatch (perfect for the monogram lover) and home gifts at Waiting On Martha. So many fun finds like this sweatshirt, this eye mask and this tray!
5. I’m doing a lot of fun fall activities out of the city this weekend, so I picked up a few new fall staples that will be great for layering and fall fun! Plus everything is 25% off at Anthropologie today, the perfect time to stock up on my favorite candles (this pumpkin one is THE BEST for fall!)
It feels like the last few months have been a constant state of traveling and visitors, which also results in not great eating or exercising habits. From wedding fun to Italy travels, getting my body back into a normal schedule is my main focus. Now with finally calming down on travel until the holidays, I wanted to share some of my tips for getting your mind and body back on track after traveling.
- Sweat it out: A workout always makes me feel better, especially after a trip. I usually do BBG or go for a run in my apartment gym first, and then ease back into harder workouts like FlyWheel and Barry’s Bootcamp later in the week when I have more energy (and really need to sweat!)
- Cut carbs and alcohol: As soon as I get back, I try to cut out carbs and alcohol. A lot of veggies, salads, kombucha drinks and extra water gets me feeling so much better after indulging while away. Some of my favorite meals to make are zucchini noodles with tomato sauce, chicken with sautéed kale and mushrooms and this new favorite: a sweet potato, avocado and egg bowl from the ladies at Somewhere Lately.
- Schedule a facial: Travel usually messes with my skin so after a hot shower, I like to use a deep cleaning mask while unpacking. This Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay Mask is my absolute favorite to help with blackheads and breakouts, while I relay on L’Oreal Paris Exfoliate & Refine Pores Pure Clay Mask for dry skin and Erno Lazlo Hydrogel Sheet Masks for extra hydration.
- Extra sleep: Easier said then done for me, but usually after a long trip I’m always so exhausted so getting to bed super early is key.
- Clean clean clean: My number one tip though? Unpack immediately! Letting my suitcase sit out and wait to do laundry always makes it hard to get back into a routine. Putting away everything and doing a load or two of laundry will help kick your week off on the right foot.SHOP THE POST
There really is nothing better than fall in New York. It’s the perfect weather for walking around the city and exploring new spots, from wine bars to delicious dinner spots. After a non-stop summer and September of traveling, work events and wedding fun, I’m excited to finally spend October really taking the time to relax and enjoy more cozy nights at home with friends.
Take a trip outside the city for a fall hike
Visit a cider mill for donuts and cider
Host a fall brunch (want to try making this, this and this!)
Have a scary movie marathon with Halloween treats
Buy my weekly produce and flowers from the Farmer’s Market
Get friends together for a fall picnic in Central Park
Make fall soups (this and this look so good!) for Sunday night dinner and the week ahead
1.Now that’s it officially fall, that means my favorite shows are back too! From This Is Us to Broad City to the return of Will and Grace, I’m excited for some cozy fall nights in.
2. Speaking of cozy fall nights, I’ve been pinning away a ton of fall recipes on my Pinterest. How incredible does this mac and cheese look?!
3. Grace’s new pink fluffy shoes are SO fun! May have to pick up this pair or this pair for myself!
4. If you’re in NYC and haven’t been to the new Sezane store yet, you must! Love this How To Live Like A French Girl in NYC guide they put together for Glitter Guide. I’m in love with this blush sweater and lace top from them. So romantic!
5. Ok I cannot get over the amazing sales happening right now! From Shopbop’s Fall Sale (more of my picks here!) to J. Crew’s 30% off sale, this is the perfect time to stock up for fall! I just bought this cozy sweater, these high-waisted jeans and these fun star print pants.
Image via The Coveteur
1. I spent the morning walking through the flower district and it was such a burst of happiness. Even though peonies were going for $60 a bouquet (!!!) it was such a great way to start the weekend.
2. Obsessing over Gray Malin’s latest Bon Voyage collection. It’s the perfect for the avid traveler, and bonus: all his prints are free framing and shipping this weekend!
3. I’ve been trying some new beauty products this week and been loving this pretty set from RMS Beauty and Laura Geller BB cream for a less-is-more look.
4. With Easter this upcoming Sunday, I’m looking forward to a day spent with friends on our roof and enjoying the sun and some Easter treats! Deciding on baking this gorgeous cake or these donuts for a festive treat.
5. Just a reminder that the Shopbop Sale ends this weekend! With everything at least 20% off, I’ve found a few more favorites since my previous post – hurry up before it ends!
I love planning out themed desserts for holidays and celebrations, and one of my favorites is making red, white and blue treats for the Fourth of July. While I’m still planning what will be the perfect treat for during my time here at home, these 8 treats are at the top of my list!
Blueberry Patriotic via CosmoCookie