1. I recently found this amazing store called Bulletin in Soho and it has become my go-to for gifts. For the holiday season, they are opening their 90s themed mini mall in Flatiron and its way too much fun not to stop and shop in! Another great reason to shop there? The store features all women owned brands and 10% of all their sales go to help Planned Parenthood. A pink store that plays J. Lo all day, what’s not to love!?
2. It’s my birthday on Sunday, so I’m heading out for tacos and margaritas tonight with some of my favorite people. I’m planning on wearing this shirt and not only do I love the price and how it looks, but its also called the “Carly” shirt so how could I not resist?!
3. It’s crazy how quick things went from Halloween to Christmas but I don’t hate it! I love this cute Christmas cookie guide Liz put together, Lauren’s Christmas tree decorating ideas and Jenn’s incredible gift guide!
4. If you’re a fan of Man Repeller, now you too can hang their photos in your home thanks to their new collab with Framebridge! Obsessed with the Lobster Dinner and The Face Mask prints.
5. Weekend sales, shop away! My favorite winter coat, the field jacket I can’t get enough of and this luxe faux fur vest.
From my day job to blogging here, I am constantly consuming the “perfect” lives of other bloggers. While I love showcasing my favorite things and the most Instagrammable outfit or place here, the truth is it’s not always pretty. Case in point: this shoot.
Before I shot this look last Sunday, I realized the morning of that the top I originally planned to wear with these shorts didn’t look right. So after spending the morning steaming all my clothes, I jumped in a cab with a bag of six looks and headed to the only J. Crew store that still had the top I needed in stock. I only have a hour a month to shoot looks so I always want to make everything as perfect as possible. Another cab ride later, I got to the shoot to quickly see that my once perfectly steamed shorts, were now extra wrinkly from the cab ride and the rain in the air.
But that’s life! And this look is still probably one of my favorite looks I’ve worn. There are always going to be wrinkles or rain that may get in the way and you just need to put on hot pink pair of shorts and smile!
The reason I love this look is how vibrant and feminine is. I am never really the person to wear a bright color like this head to toe, but I loved the contrast of the blush pink sweater (I own this sweater in like six colors, it’s the best!) with the bright shorts. This look is such a fun alternative as well instead of a dress or skirt for a night out. All you need is to add a pair of heels and sparkly statement earrings and it instantly turns this look from day to night. Wrinkles and all, you can’t not be happy wearing this!
Photos by Caitee Smith Photography
Location: Grove Street, New York City
SHOP THE POST:
I think its finally safe to say that spring is here to stay in New York! This weekend was beyond perfect and it felt so good to walk around the city and soak up that Vitamin D.
I had been on the lookout for an Easter dress for this upcoming Sunday and fell in love with this pretty pink number at Club Monaco. I love the soft blush pink and the unique detailing on the sleeves and sides. Another reason I picked it up is because I know it will work for the many events I have the upcoming months ahead, from bridal showers to a fancier dinner out.
I’ve rounded up a few other favorite dresses below as well that would be perfect for Easter, or any other spring time event!
Photos by Caitee Smith Photography
Location: Pietro Nolita, Soho, New York City
This week has brought spring like temps to the city, which of course has led me to spring shopping. I’m ready to put away the dark colors and heavy coats and slip into softer palettes, relaxed fits and feminine pieces. And with a trip to Florida in two weeks, I think I may have to pick up a few pieces before spring officially arrives!
1. J. Crew Colorful Cocktail Shirt ($88): The minute I saw this pastel patchwork shirt, I instantly knew it would become my favorite for spring. I can’t wait to wear it with my broken in shorts for Florida for a vintage feel.
2. Kate Spade New York Leewood Place Mini Satchel ($248): My new favorite bag for spring, its so fun and feminine with its scallop details. And even with its mini size it still fits so much!
3. These pastel statement earrings are an easy way to dress up a simple outfit, even a classic white tee.
4. Illesteva Leonard Mirrored Sunglasses ($177): I’ve been itching to buy a new pair of sunglasses for spring and these are a great classic staple with a fun twist thanks to their purple lenses.
5. Jeffrey Campbell Symphony Step Down Loafers ($110): Loafers have quickly become my go-to shoes for work and I love these pink velvet ones for spring paired with boyfriend jeans.
6. Style Keepers Ruffle One Shoulder Top ($99): I love a pale blue stripe, especially when combined with a statement ruffle and under $100 price tag.
SHOES AND JEWELS
J. Crew Sweater (on sale!), By Terry Lipstick in “Fire Engine”
After a gray January, I always look forward to February. New York Fashion Week, friends visiting and of course, Valentine’s Day. Whether single or in a relationship, Valentine’s Day has always been one of my favorite holidays due to the fact it’s a holiday centered around candy, pink and flowers – nothing better than that!
Today, I’ve rounded up my favorite last minute pieces to give and wear that will get you in the spirit before Tuesday!
GIFTS UNDER $50
WHAT TO WEAR
There seems to be a trend to restaurants in New York City these days and it involves one simple detail: everything pink! The must see spots have blown up thanks to decorating in this feminine color, making it Instagram worthy and creating lines out the door. With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I’ve rounded up the pinkest spots to stop at for not only a great meal, but the perfect photo as well.
It’s no shocker this spot has taken over Instagram. With only being open a few months, it has taken over our feeds thanks to its bubblegum exterior and everything pink inside as well. Make sure to head for brunch though and try their incredible coffee waffle, alongside your latte served in a pink cup of course.
This healthy diner spot is the place to be thanks to its retro vibes, pink menus and tables ideal for flat lay shots.
The Lucky Bee
For dinner with the girls, there is nowhere else to go than The Lucky Bee. Ultra girlie with its hot pink tables, menus and girlie drinks, bookmark this Asian restaurant for your next Friday night out.
If you’re craving an acai bowl and in need of an Instagram, the pink tables at this healthy Lower East Side spot will help you achieve just that!
Sweets by Chloe
For the girl who has a sweet tooth but needs to be careful about her gluten intake, By Chloe’s bakery is a dream come true. From its bright pink coffee cups and neon signs, make sure to stop in for something sweet after dinner next door.
Cha Cha Matcha
This Soho spot is the it place to get caffeinated and recharge. Pink tables, neon signs and even pink fro-yo pair up in a perfect tropical twist with the bright green accents and matcha tea.
It’s hard not to miss this restaurant in Tribeca thanks to its cheerful pink building. While inside isn’t as colorful, it’s the coziest spot to escape to on a cold day.
Little Cupcake Bakeshop
If you’re in need of pink on the go, fill up a box of cupcakes or other delicious treats in their signature hot pink bakery boxes.
After an incredible meal of pasta and pizza, make sure to freshen up in their signature selfie bathroom thanks to its cheerful pink flamingos all over the walls.
If you know me, I have a love for statement pieces. Whether a crazy pom pom shoe or chandelier earrings, I can’t seem to resist the urge to buy a fun item.
This season though, I’m all about a certain statement coat. I believe everyone should have a classic military jacket in their closet, and this winter, an added pop of color and faux fur, to go along with it.
While I adored the J. Crew version from the first time I saw it last spring during Fashion Week, many brands have created a similar version as well. From hot pink to navy blue, sometimes all you need is a pop of color to turn a classic into a statement! My favorite picks of the season below to help find the one perfect for you:
I can’t believe August is here already and summer is coming to a close soon (end of summer scaries are kicking in!). This month, I’m inspired by my favorite color combo, yellow and pink, the happiest colors to close out summer with. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite pieces as well (like these pink sunnies and tuxedo dress I’m obsessed with) that bring this month’s mood board to life!
(Images via Pinterest)
(Images via Pinterest)
Each month, I’ll be sharing the images that are inspiring me for the month ahead.
Inspiring me for June? Simplicity on the beach, in shades of pastel blue and pops of sky blue.