Happy 2018! I’m writing this from Chicago as I get ready to head back to New York City after almost two weeks away. While it was so great to relax and see all my friends and family, I’m so excited to be back in my city and step into the new year!
Last year, I shared my goals for the upcoming year and wanted to share them again for 2018. I didn’t succeed at all mine last year, so looking at attempting some of them again (like better sleep, eek!) Most of all though, I wanted to thank all those who have been following and supporting me this year. I feel so lucky to have this space to share with you and can’t wait to share even more in 2018!
- Continue traveling: Last year, my main goal was to travel more and I felt so lucky that I was able to check off so many incredible cities (and countries!) off my list! This year, I already have a few cities I’m looking into like London, Tulum, Nantucket, Austin and Palm Springs. Hopefully will be adding to my travel guides shortly!
- Cut down unnecessary spending: Living in New York is expensive and little things quickly add up. Two things I’m focused on is cutting my daily Starbucks habit and buying lunch out during the week. I know by only doing this once or twice a week will end up saving me a ton of money in the long run.
- Focus on my health: I would say I’m a pretty healthy person from my eating and exercise habits, but there are so many areas I could improve on. From wearing my glasses more to taking more vitamins to developing a better sleep routine, there are so many little things I can be doing to help improve my lifestyle.
- Cut down clutter: Tiny New York apartments really make you realize what you don’t need so I want to make sure to continue to get rid of the clutter in both my closet and life! That means also properly saving all my photos and files, keeping track of my finances for both the blog and my personal life and making everything as organized as possible.
- Confidence: Whether trying a new look for the blog, dating or a project at work, I want to make sure I remain confident in myself and push myself to try new things this year. If I’ve learned anything this past year, everything whether good or bad can be such a lesson to learn from and I’m excited to put those lessons to good use this year.