1.We had a joint birthday party at our apartment last night and had so much having all my friends together at our place. I received a ton of messages on Instagram about my outfit and can’t rave enough about these gorgeous pink velvet pants! So fun for the holidays and I paired it with my go-to bodysuit for the night.
2. Another item I received a lot of messages about is the New York print in our apartment. My sister gave it to me a few years ago and I finally found it online to share with you all! I also found a larger version framed too so perfect to give as a gift too.
3. It was super chilly this weekend in the city and I’ve been pinning some cozy recipes and can’t wait to make Liz’s Skinny Chicken Pot Pie this week!
4. I love trying out new workout classes and loved the dance class I took at PROJECT by Equinox this weekend. The class was so fun and the studio is incredible (who doesn’t love free cold brew after?!) I wore my new set from Outdoor Voices and can’t wait to go back again this week.
5. Ok J. Crew‘s new arrivals are AMAZING! I had to use a lot of self-control but couldn’t resist these pants, these plaid shoes and new Christmas pjs. Shop some of my favorites below:
It feels like the last few months have been a constant state of traveling and visitors, which also results in not great eating or exercising habits. From wedding fun to Italy travels, getting my body back into a normal schedule is my main focus. Now with finally calming down on travel until the holidays, I wanted to share some of my tips for getting your mind and body back on track after traveling.
- Sweat it out: A workout always makes me feel better, especially after a trip. I usually do BBG or go for a run in my apartment gym first, and then ease back into harder workouts like FlyWheel and Barry’s Bootcamp later in the week when I have more energy (and really need to sweat!)
- Cut carbs and alcohol: As soon as I get back, I try to cut out carbs and alcohol. A lot of veggies, salads, kombucha drinks and extra water gets me feeling so much better after indulging while away. Some of my favorite meals to make are zucchini noodles with tomato sauce, chicken with sautéed kale and mushrooms and this new favorite: a sweet potato, avocado and egg bowl from the ladies at Somewhere Lately.
- Schedule a facial: Travel usually messes with my skin so after a hot shower, I like to use a deep cleaning mask while unpacking. This Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay Mask is my absolute favorite to help with blackheads and breakouts, while I relay on L’Oreal Paris Exfoliate & Refine Pores Pure Clay Mask for dry skin and Erno Lazlo Hydrogel Sheet Masks for extra hydration.
- Extra sleep: Easier said then done for me, but usually after a long trip I’m always so exhausted so getting to bed super early is key.
- Clean clean clean: My number one tip though? Unpack immediately! Letting my suitcase sit out and wait to do laundry always makes it hard to get back into a routine. Putting away everything and doing a load or two of laundry will help kick your week off on the right foot.SHOP THE POST
Flywheel Sports Thermal Top (c/o), Flywheel Sports Leggings (c/o), Nike Free Flyknit Shoes (on sale!)
If you know me, I’m not much of your “typical athlete.” Growing up, I spent twelve years dancing, so for hours after school each week, I got my cardio and strength training from hip-hop class and the ballet barre. I never really went to an actual gym till freshman year of college, and while this helped me maintain a certain weight, I struggled with seeing actual results and growing stronger from my workouts.
It wasn’t till I moved to New York and tried different classes around the city that I finally found what works for me, and that is Flywheel. I took my first spin class at Flywheel over two years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since, which makes me so excited to be partnering with them today as part of their ambassador program!
What I love most about spin is that it works every single part of your body. When I first started, I expected to only be sore in my legs, but I quickly discovered how much of a total body workout it is. The higher the resistance on the bike, the stronger I feel in my abs. When we switch from sitting to third position on the bike, I instantly feel my whole body centered and tight. And just when you think you’re too tired to go on, it’s time to break out the weights and hello arms! But one of the most surprising results has not been physical but the mental break I’m allowed to get during the class. One of my biggest struggles is being able to mentally zone out and Flywheel allows me to not focus on the stresses of my day and completely decompress, which I believe is one of the most beneficial factors of all.
The last few months I’ve really refocused and been pushing myself in my workouts, alternating days being spin and Flybarre for extra toning, and I truly have never felt stronger. My days are so limited on time it sometimes seems, but I love knowing that for 45 minutes a day, I can zone out and focus completely on myself. Most importantly, it allows me to create a great lifestyle balance so that I can still indulge at Saturday brunch with my friends because truly isn’t that what life is all about?! Excited to share more fitness content with Flywheel to you all in the next few months!
Thank you to Flywheel Sports for partnering with me on this post!
Photos by Bekka Palmer
Location: Flywheel Tribeca, New York City
Like most people, January has been focused on healthier eating and cranking up our exercise routines. For me personally, I’ve found a great new routine that I’m excited to share more about with you soon! One way I believe to make yourself feel even better in a workout is to be dressed in clothes that are not only sleek and stylish, but give you confidence as well. Today, I’m sharing some of my favorite workout gear (like my new favorite Outdoor Voices leggings) that can easily take you from Flywheel to brunch in a flash!
TOPS AND SPORTS BRAS
HOODIES AND SWEATSHIRTS