1.I’m so excited for tonight as I’m hosting a fun Friendsgiving cocktail event for Chandon at their headquarters! So surreal to partner with a brand I love so much already and feel very humbled they asked me to host. I’m planning on wearing this sparkly little dress thanks to Kate Spade while I sip on a glass of champagne or two!
2. Along with my event with Chandon, I’m also having my own Friendsgiving with my friends at my apartment. I’m using Gaby’s tips and tricks and hoping to make an epic cheeseboard for all of us tonight!
3. I went and saw Greta Gerwig’s new film, “Ladybird” last week and I can’t rave enough about this incredible film. It perfectly captures the struggles of a high school student and was both heartwarming and hilarious.
4. Some favorite posts of the week? Grace’s simple and chic look, Jillian’s coastal Christmas guide and Mackenzie’s wedding week photos, especially this post on her getting ready and first look photos!
5. It was extra chilly this week so I can’t stop stocking up on cozy pieces! Everlane has so much beautiful cashmere for incredible prices, H&M‘s sweater selection is so good right now and can’t get enough of everything J. Crew!
There is nothing better at the end of the day than getting into your favorite cozy pajamas or sweats. To kick off my holiday gift guides, I wanted to share one of my favorite gifts to receive: new pajamas! From matching flannel sets to extra soft sweatpants, I’ve rounded up the best pjs and loungewear to wear during your holidays, and throughout the chillier months!
Sweatshirts and and Sweatpants
Slippers and Eye Masks
When it comes to fashion, I always like to test the limits and see what works. What some may call a fashion faux pas, I tried the double denim or “Candian Tuxedo” for a crisp fall day and I got to say I loved it. The trick is of course pairing a light chambray and a brighter or darker blue on bottom to break up the head to toe look.
While great together, I have to talk about the shirt and jeans on their own because they are my absolute go-to staples now. This chambray shirt is the softest fabric, and has the perfect balance between structure and comfort. I love it untucked too with leather pants, tucked in a high-waisted skirt or just casual with a vest or jacket over it. A definite classic to buy!
But the best part of this outfit. THESE JEANS. I have tried over 10 pairs of jeans this fall and could not find a pair that was comfortable but still looked like a jean and not a legging. That was until I finally gave in and tried these and I was sold. Khloe Kardashian really knows what she’s doing because they are perfect for the girl with a smaller waist and curvier legs and butt. A few favorite elements?
1. The fabric is super stretchy, but doesn’t stretch out.
2. It’s the perfect high waist, making them dressy enough for work or casual for the weekend.
3. They are so flattering, especially on the butt! (Size down one size!)
Cannot recommend these pieces enough so get ready to see a lot of them from now on!
SHOP THE POST
When I was in middle school, I had a graphic tee for just about everything. While now looking back at some of those trendy tees (such as “Jesus Is My Homeboy”…) make me cringe, there’s a new, chic update that I’ve found myself obsessing over again (like my favorite Budweiser tee). Paired with my favorite high-waisted jeans and a boxy blazer, I love how adding a fun graphic tee creates a relaxed, vintage vibe.
Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ones for sale right now that help you easily achieve that lived in look, without having to dig around at a thrift store for the perfect one.
WORDS AND SAYINGS
MOVIES AND MUSIC
1. I received from the Kate Spade team this week a copy of their beautiful new book, She. Kate Spade always creates amazing coffee table books but this one all about inspirational women I think takes the cake for my favorite. A must to give any of the favorite ladies in your life!
2. Thinking of making this spooky Halloween sangria tonight for our friends before we head out for the night!
3. I had never been a huge Demi Lovato fan before but after watching her new YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, I can’t stop listening to her new album. Highly recommend watching and listening to both!
4. Posts I’ve been loving? Jess‘ tips for layering, Kat‘s all white look and Jessica‘s travel bucket list (how cute is the new Away x Gray Malin collab?!)
5. When it comes to Halloween costumes I like to use items in my closet I already own. Last year, I went as J. Lo (Juicy tracksuit and all) and also a Pink Lady. This year, I’m going as Cher from Clueless and the only thing I had to buy was the fuzzy pink pen! Shop the pieces you need (plus some other favorite Halloween decorations and treats!) before Tuesday!
When it comes to shopping, finding pieces that are versatile enough for both work, weekend and date night are always my main goals. I’ve always been gravitated to classic pieces that have a twist to them and when I spotted this blazer, I knew it would be a favorite to throw on no matter what my plans were. I was instantly drawn to its metallic tweed, pearl buttons and oversized fit, which makes it so comfortable to be in all day. For work, I love finding new ways to dress up my favorite boyfriend jeans and with a black tank and heels, this outfit was an easy one to put together.
The best part? This blazer is under $50! The tweed and pearls make it look and feel so much more expensive than it actually is, making it a great staple to mix and match with. Some other outfit ideas I’m thinking of? Leather leggings and a black turtleneck, a sweater dress and over the knee boots and when its warmer out again, a pair of Chanel flats and high rise denim shorts. Get ready to see lots more of this blazer from me!
Photos by Carter Fish
Location: Stone Street, New York City
SHOP THE POST
1. Felt so great to catch up with Mackenzie and Katie this week at an adorable new spot Motel Morris. Nothing better than great girl talk with a side of fries and margaritas!
2. It was the perfect fall weather this week, which means lots of cooking and baking! So excited to try Merritt’s recipe for Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Sage.
3. I cannot get over how stunning Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe’s Positano wedding was! Every single detail was perfection and I can’t imagine anywhere more dreamy than Positano to get married.
4. Fall is filled with birthdays and I’ve found such adorable pieces at Parker Thatch (perfect for the monogram lover) and home gifts at Waiting On Martha. So many fun finds like this sweatshirt, this eye mask and this tray!
5. I’m doing a lot of fun fall activities out of the city this weekend, so I picked up a few new fall staples that will be great for layering and fall fun! Plus everything is 25% off at Anthropologie today, the perfect time to stock up on my favorite candles (this pumpkin one is THE BEST for fall!)
Madewell Booties (c/o)
My favorite season to shop for is fall, so after a major closet clean out the last few weeks, I’ve been stocking up on new basics. And with so many amazing sales happening, it’s hard not to shop! Today, I’m sharing down the breakdown of the four pieces I’m focused on for shopping this season.
Sweaters: I’m all about oversize knits, classic colors and feminine details like velvet bows and delicate embellishments.
Jeans: This season, I’m focused on finally investing in jeans I love. I recently picked up this pair and I am OBSESSED! Definitely added a few more styles to my cart to try.
Ankle Boots: A great pair of ankle boots goes with everything in the fall. From jeans to dresses, I love a heeled bootie to mix and match all season.
Statement coats: If I could have a different coat everyday I would! There’s so many great statement making coats this season, from teddy bear jackets (I bought this and LOVE!) to hot pink stunners.
1. Last weekend on the way back to Michigan, I rewatched the new Lady Gaga Netflix documentary “Five Foot Two.” It gives such a great inside look at her making her album, prepping for the Superbowl and her chronic pain struggles. I also loved seeing all her fashion choices, especially her more toned down looks (like a white tee and diamonds) Goals!
2. I’m all about monochromatic looks this fall and Jenn and Sydney nailed it in these gorgeous neutral looks.
3. Anyone else obsessed with Riverdale? So happy season two is finally here! And if you haven’t started this dark teen dramedy yet, binge watch all this weekend on Netflix.
4. My latest beauty addiction: Essie’s Gel Couture Line. It doesn’t ruin your nails like normal gel polish and lasts 10 days or more! Plus you can put it on/take it off yourself at home, making it the perfect polish to wear all the time.
5. It finally feels like fall, thank goodness! I’m sharing a ton of fall fashion content next week, but there’s too many great pieces right now not to share for weekend shopping:
Last weekend was an exciting week as my friends Katie and Billy got married! You may have seen all my Instastories from my bridesmaid duties to all the wedding fun in Michigan, and can’t wait to share more photos from the photographer.
While prepping for last weekend, whether the bride, bridesmaid or guest, shopping for a fall wedding can be a little tricky. Depending where you are, the weather could be freezing or super hot (we got lucky with 85 degree weather!), so finding the right material that’s appropriate for the venue as well is key.
I’ve rounded up some favorites for each type of wedding you may be attending this autumn, whether barn or black tie, even including some of the picks that made it into my suitcase this weekend!
SHOES AND JEWELS
GETTING READY PJS
WHAT I WORE