1. I received from the Kate Spade team this week a copy of their beautiful new book, She. Kate Spade always creates amazing coffee table books but this one all about inspirational women I think takes the cake for my favorite. A must to give any of the favorite ladies in your life!
2. Thinking of making this spooky Halloween sangria tonight for our friends before we head out for the night!
3. I had never been a huge Demi Lovato fan before but after watching her new YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, I can’t stop listening to her new album. Highly recommend watching and listening to both!
4. Posts I’ve been loving? Jess‘ tips for layering, Kat‘s all white look and Jessica‘s travel bucket list (how cute is the new Away x Gray Malin collab?!)
5. When it comes to Halloween costumes I like to use items in my closet I already own. Last year, I went as J. Lo (Juicy tracksuit and all) and also a Pink Lady. This year, I’m going as Cher from Clueless and the only thing I had to buy was the fuzzy pink pen! Shop the pieces you need (plus some other favorite Halloween decorations and treats!) before Tuesday!
Growing up, summer time meant spending time on the lake. Now though, I’ve learned quickly that in New York it’s all about the rooftop. A few weeks ago, my friend Christy of Crowns by Christy threw her second annual Rosé and Crowns party on her incredible roof to help kick off summer. From making flower crowns to sipping Barrymore Wines Rosé, it was so nice to catch up with some of my favorite blogger ladies like Lauren, Krista, Lauren, Ashley, Maggie and Liz and take in the views of the city. To help celebrate National Rosé Day today, thought it was a perfect time to share the gorgeous night with all of you! I’ll be sipping a few extra glasses to celebrate all weekend long. Cheers!
Photos by MSN Photography
Location: Lower East Side, New York City
Forever 21 Blazer (sold out, similar option)
I’ve shared before that I have a love for statement pieces, so it’s no surprise that I’ve been drawn to quirky patched pieces lately. Whether on a classic blazer like above, or on a pair of worn in boyfriend jeans, these embroidered patches add a touch of individuality and fun to a simple piece.
While DIY-ing with your own patches can be a great activity, I’ve made it easier and found some amazing pieces that take out the arts and crafts for you.
TOPS AND SWEATSHIRTS
I’ve always been obsessed with planning the perfect party and finding fun new ways to gather friends. Even after working a few years in the wedding industry (miss you my A Day In May ladies!), I still find myself day-dreaming about all the decor and details it takes to put together a standout event.
Today, I’m sharing one party I just can’t get enough of! A few weeks ago, my friends Lauren Nelson and Christy Doramus teamed up to throw the dreamiest girls night ever. Christy is the queen of flower crowns, owning her own business Crowns By Christy, and along with Lauren, they turned her apartment into a garden in the sky. From learning how to make our own crowns to sipping rose out of Packed Party Disco Drinks, I couldn’t have had more of a perfect night hanging with these ladies.
Photos by Alexandra Wolf