Old Navy Tank (c/o), Old Navy Leggings (c/o), Nike Tennis Shoes, Ray-Ban Sunglasses
One of the reasons I love New York is because of all the amazing restaurants to eat at around the city. While of course I love grabbing a burger or trying the latest dessert craze, I’ve also been able to find a ton of great healthy food options. Whether picking up a quick snack or refueling at brunch after a Flywheel class, here is my guide for the best healthy spots around the city (and totally appropriate to wear workout clothes to)!
- The Butchers Daughter: With three locations around the city, the original Soho location is my favorite thanks to its outdoor seating. This plant-based restaurant, café and juice bar offers a ton of different delicious options and I always feel full when leaving. One of my favorite items is their Waterflower Juice, which is made up watermelon, fennel, honeydew, cactus pear, lime and lavender flower. So refreshing and hydrating on a hot day (and also an amazing hangover cure!)
- Westville: I love Westville because it works for everyone thanks to its menu packed full of options. One of the best options on their menu is the long list of fresh veggie sides they offer every day. It’s a great place to share a ton of different plates, and still balances on comfort food options and healthy sides.
- Juice Generation: New Yorkers are always on the move, and sometimes we don’t have time to sit and eat! I love Juice Generation’s protein packed smoothies and acai bowls, ideal for before or after a workout or a busy afternoon of running errands. My personal favorite? The Mr. Greengenes smoothie which almost tastes like dessert and not a green smoothie by any means!
- by CHLOE: Before by CHLOE, I would have never tried a veggie burger but now I crave it! This vegan restaurant is one of the most Instagrammable spots in the city, thanks to its healthy take on burgers, fries and other fast food favorites. Make sure to pick up one of their desserts too which are almost all gluten-free (and oh so good!)
- Bluestone Lane: If you’re looking for the best avocado toast in town, this is the spot. It’s popular West Village location helped this Australian coffee shop grow into a ton of locations around the city, and it’s great for morning coffee meetings.
- Pressed Juicery: If you’re in need to a quick detox, head to Pressed Juicery. I love picking up one of their cold-pressed juices after a weekend of not-so-healthy choices or if I feel a cold coming on, they’re minis are packed full of a healthy kick. They also offer Freeze, which is a healthy version of fro-yo, made by using only juices from fruits and vegetables, almonds and coconuts. I now crave this healthy alternative for dessert and there’s no guilt knowing it’s a vegan, gluten and dairy-free dessert packed with the same nutrition found in their popular juice flavors.
- Sweetgreen: A favorite lunch spot for many New Yorkers, this salad spot offers the freshest ingredients. With one across the street from my apartment, I’ve become addicted to picking up my favorite harvest bowl for dinner instead of ordering takeout.
Photos by Caitee Smith Photography
Location: The Butcher’s Daughter, Soho, New York City
SHOP THE POST (plus a few other favorite Old Navy Active pieces):