1. If you live on the East Coast, then you were welcomed back to the city with a giant snow storm! Most of the city worked from home yesterday, and it was so crazy to see everything quickly become covered in snow. I worked on the couch with this favorite candle burning, which was such a cozy way to spend the work day!
2. This week I focused on slowly getting back into my routines (and starting new ones too!). First up was getting back on a healthy diet and exercise regimen, so I made this soup from Pinch Of Yum and this Kale Salad from Bon Appetit, for healthy and filling lunches.
3. With the Golden Globes this weekend (love the start of award season!), I’m planning on seeing Call Me By Your Name this weekend before the show on Sunday. Rooting for Ladybird and I, Tonya too!
4. Some looks I loved recently? Loving Jenn’s colorful outfit, Ashley’s cold weather layers, Grace’s star dress and how Kathleen styled this look.
5. While I’m trying to be good about spending this month, there are so many great after holiday sales its hard not to shop! A few great finds below to swoon at:
Growing up, there was always a different candle burning in our home no matter the time of year. Now with my own apartment, I find myself following in my mom’s footsteps and having a candle to match every season. From seasonal favorites to one’s I keep lit all year long, I’m sharing my six favorite candles to give and receive.
- Diptyque in Baies: The most splurge worthy candle for sure, this candle makes for the perfect gift to give or treat yourself with. Once melted away, it makes for the perfect container to leave out on the bathroom counter with all your makeup brushes.
- Boy Smells in Gardener: I first fell in love with the pink packaging and fun brand name but this floral smell is what keeps me from continuing to burn and buy this candle.
- Thymes in Frasier Fir: The ultimate holiday candle! My mom sends me this one every year and it barely makes it through the holidays as we burn it every day! It fills the room with the most fragrant Christmas tree sent, so its perfect if you don’t have a real tree too.
- Capri Blue in Volcano: This iconic candle from Anthropologie is a fan favorite thanks to its invigorating and cozy scent.
- Jonathan Adler in Champagne Pop: Not only is this candle beautiful to keep set out, it smells sexy and sweet. I love giving this along with a bottle of champagne as a fun hostess or birthday gift!
- NEST Fragrances in Bamboo: I love crisp, clean scents and this one is perfect to burn all year long, but I specifically love it in the spring. With the windows open, a crisp breeze and this clean scent its heavenly!
SHOP THE POST AND OTHER FAVORITES
1. Felt so great to catch up with Mackenzie and Katie this week at an adorable new spot Motel Morris. Nothing better than great girl talk with a side of fries and margaritas!
2. It was the perfect fall weather this week, which means lots of cooking and baking! So excited to try Merritt’s recipe for Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Sage.
3. I cannot get over how stunning Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe’s Positano wedding was! Every single detail was perfection and I can’t imagine anywhere more dreamy than Positano to get married.
4. Fall is filled with birthdays and I’ve found such adorable pieces at Parker Thatch (perfect for the monogram lover) and home gifts at Waiting On Martha. So many fun finds like this sweatshirt, this eye mask and this tray!
5. I’m doing a lot of fun fall activities out of the city this weekend, so I picked up a few new fall staples that will be great for layering and fall fun! Plus everything is 25% off at Anthropologie today, the perfect time to stock up on my favorite candles (this pumpkin one is THE BEST for fall!)
Working in the beauty industry the last two years has allowed me to test and try out some amazing products, and luckily find favorites to share! Today’s gift guide is all about the best in beauty, whether you’re looking for a great gift set steal or a fun stocking stuffer, I’ve broken down my favorites to wrap up under the tree this season.
1. Glossier Black Tie Set: I’ve become a huge fan of Glossier this year. Not only for their great products, but also for their chic packaging, like this feminine gift set for the holidays.
2. iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask: This eye mask has become my essential for bed and travel. Not only is it super soft and luxe, the copper-infused fabric helps prevent wrinkles!
3. SJP STASH Eau de Parfum Gift Set: My absolute favorite new scent, and this gift set is such a steal.
4. Jo Malone London Cologne Collection: For the one on your list who may be a little tricky to buy for, this collection is a perfect way for them to sample and find their favorite.
5. Urban Decay ‘Naked Ultimate Basics’ Palette: The ultimate gift for the make-up lover in your life.
6. Laura Geller Baked Color & Contour Palette: For the girl always on the go, this palette is ideal for throwing in your bag for a touch up during the day.
STOCKING STUFFERS UNDER $50: