The day is finally here: we’re going to Italy! I still can’t believe I finally get to experience some of my dream cities and most importantly: eat pasta and pizza for 10 straight days!
With a long flight ahead of us tonight, plus train rides during our travels, I wanted to share some of my travel must haves that help guarantee stress free traveling.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches: My eyes always get so puffy when traveling and these are the only things that instantly cure them. This set comes with 60 individual patches to throw away after you use them and they will instantly take away those jet-lag circles. Plus, when I’m at home I keep them in the fridge so they’re extra cold!
- iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Eye Mask: Another great way to guarantee a good nights sleep on a plane is making sure to pack an eye mask. I love this one because it literally feels like a pillow on your lids, and the copper fabric helps with anti-aging and de-puffing as well!
- Glossier Balm Dotcom: My lips always get super dry on planes, so I love to slather this on to guarantee no cracked lips when we land. This also can be used on hands too, making it the one item you can’t forget!
- Garnier Skinactive Micellar Makeup Wipes: The number one item though I always make sure to bring is makeup wipes. There’s nothing worse than sitting on a long plane with a full face of makeup and these wipes take everything off without drying your skin.
- Long Cardigan: I always am freezing on planes, so I like to pack a thin, long cardigan that keeps me warm (but not overheated) while traveling. I recently got this one from Old Navy and I seriously wear it everyday in our office!
- Maxi Dress: Another way to make sure I always stay warm on a plane is to wear a maxi dress. This black Forever 21 maxi is perfect to wear on the plane, especially with a sweater over it. Plus, you can dress it up or dress it down during the rest of your trip.
- Large Tote Bag: I like to use a big tote bag for the plane so I can keep my laptop, chargers and any other plane must haves close by. For this trip, I’m using this fun White Elephant Designs “Out Of Office” Straw Tote (that’s also on major sale!) that will double as a beach bag when we arrive to Positano and Capri.
- Inflatable Neck Pillow: I always fall asleep on planes so making sure I have a neck pillow on hand, like this Soft Velvet Inflatable Neck Pillow, is key. Plus it barely takes up any room in my bag!
- New Book: As you may have read from my new sleeping goals, reading more is a big priority of mine. For this trip, I packed Commonwealth and Girls In White Dresses as my reads for the week!
- Healthy Snacks: Airports are notorious for not having great food options, so I always like to have a healthy snack on hand, like my favorite RX Bars, to keep me starving on long travel days.