The holidays can be one of the hardest times to get motivated and stay on track when it comes to working out. From holiday parties, events and visitors, I really struggle with finding the time and not spending the month of December only eating cookies! However, there’s a few rules I’ve set for myself to help feel healthy, while still indulging, during the holidays.
- Book Ahead: For me, I always start the week by looking at my calendar on Sunday nights and then booking all my classes for the whole week. Once I see everything laid out for the week ahead, it helps me prioritize what events I need to attend and what I can skip so I can squeeze a workout in. During the busy holiday season, its so easy to overbook yourself so making sure to set ahead that time for a workout is key to a healthy week ahead.
- Find Your Favorite Classes: I’ve shared before some of my favorite workouts before but wanted to share a few updates on the classes I’ve been LOVING and really seeing my body change from.
- Fithouse: Earlier this fall, one of my favorite NYC workout studios, Bari, was bought out by a new all class studio called Fithouse and ever since I went to my first class at the new place – I’ve been hooked. I always look for classes that work my entire body and there hasn’t been one class since I started there that I felt like I didn’t get a great workout. My favorite classes are their Tone: Sclupt and Cardio: Dance classes as I love to get from cardio from dance and always get great toning moves from each.
- Flywheel: While I of course love Flywheel for the great workout, one of the main reasons I love it is for its convenience. With so many locations and classes around the city, I always know I can book a bike for an early morning ride before work or to kick off my weekend on a Friday night. Use code FLYCARLYAHILL for your first class free!
- DanceBody: For anyone who loves dancing as their cardio, Dance Body is an absolute must. I recently started attending their classes at their new Tribeca location and its insane how much a workout you get from this class. It’s a great balance of cardio and sculpt and the class flies by thanks to the fun music and dancing. Use code DBCARLY50 for 50% off your first class.
- Stream On The Go: Another way to keep yourself on track, especially when traveling, is to find streaming fitness classes. My favorite is obe, which allows you to do both live classes on the go or rewatch previous 30 minute classes from some of your favorite teachers like Megan Roup and Amanda Kloots. DanceBody also streams all their classes and I can’t wait to do some of my favorite classes while on vacation so I can splurge stress free.
- Balance The Splurges: Speaking of splurging, I truly believe the biggest lesson to remember is to balance the splurges. For me, if I know I’m heading out to an evening of cocktails and pasta, I make sure to fit in an early morning workout class to keep my day healthy and balanced.
- Treat Yourself With New Workout Clothes: Working out is always more fun in new workout clothes right?! For me, looking my best also means having pieces that fit me great and won’t fall down or bug me during a class or at the gym. I’ve been loving Fabletics lately for their amazing prices and great fit (the high waisted leggings are incredible!) so why not pick up a few new pieces to encourage you to get to that workout class a little more often this week?!SHOP THE POST
Location: Financial District, NYC
Photos: Carter Fish