Anyone else feeling that mid-winter slump?! With freezing temperatures and lots of very gray days, this winter has become a real struggle for me to find energy and motivation. I like to think I’m generally a positive person but I again find myself in the winter having a negative attitude and irritated about the littlest things. With scary freezing temperatures all over the country right now, I thought there was no better time to share my favorite five ways to beat the winter blues, or any bad day!
- WORKOUT: My number one way to feel better is to get a sweat in. Spending an hour doing something good for yourself is truly one of the best ways to naturally find energy and lift your mood. My ultimate favorite workout though is cardio dance. If you’re in NYC, I cannot recommend enough Fithouse’s Cardio Dance class or any of DanceBody’s classes for an instant mood boost. Fun music and focusing only on the choreography for a hour helps clear my mind and feel so good. PS – you can try your first NYC DanceBody class for 50% off with code DBCARLY50
- PLAN A NIGHT WITH FRIENDS: When the weeks seem extra-long, I always make sure to plan something with my friends for during the week or weekend so we have something to look forward to. Whether a movie night in with takeout or trying a new restaurant, planning ahead always helps me get excited for the week ahead. My cozy NYC guide is filled with so many of my favorites to escape to in the winter!
- HAVE ALONE TIME: Sometimes taking time to yourself too can be the cure for a bad mood. While I love surrounding myself with my friends, I also love a Sunday afternoon by myself exploring the city or crossing to-dos off my list to help clear my head and start the week on a fresh note.
- COOK A FAVORITE MEAL: The way to my heart is always a great meal and if its too cold to head outside, cooking a favorite is always a winner. Lately my go-to’s are a classic vodka pasta or my favorite family recipe “Chicken Bundles” which I have saved in my recipe highlights on Instagram!
- PAMPER YOURSELF: Looking good always make you feel better right?! I always feel better after I treat myself with some pampering, whether a manicure, massage or face mask at home. Rounded up some of my current products to use at home, from face masks to a Light Therapy Lamp (game changer!) so you can feel more like yourself from the comfort of your couch!