1. I received from the Kate Spade team this week a copy of their beautiful new book, She. Kate Spade always creates amazing coffee table books but this one all about inspirational women I think takes the cake for my favorite. A must to give any of the favorite ladies in your life!
2. Thinking of making this spooky Halloween sangria tonight for our friends before we head out for the night!
3. I had never been a huge Demi Lovato fan before but after watching her new YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, I can’t stop listening to her new album. Highly recommend watching and listening to both!
4. Posts I’ve been loving? Jess‘ tips for layering, Kat‘s all white look and Jessica‘s travel bucket list (how cute is the new Away x Gray Malin collab?!)
5. When it comes to Halloween costumes I like to use items in my closet I already own. Last year, I went as J. Lo (Juicy tracksuit and all) and also a Pink Lady. This year, I’m going as Cher from Clueless and the only thing I had to buy was the fuzzy pink pen! Shop the pieces you need (plus some other favorite Halloween decorations and treats!) before Tuesday!
Last weekend was an exciting week as my friends Katie and Billy got married! You may have seen all my Instastories from my bridesmaid duties to all the wedding fun in Michigan, and can’t wait to share more photos from the photographer.
While prepping for last weekend, whether the bride, bridesmaid or guest, shopping for a fall wedding can be a little tricky. Depending where you are, the weather could be freezing or super hot (we got lucky with 85 degree weather!), so finding the right material that’s appropriate for the venue as well is key.
I’ve rounded up some favorites for each type of wedding you may be attending this autumn, whether barn or black tie, even including some of the picks that made it into my suitcase this weekend!
SHOES AND JEWELS
GETTING READY PJS
WHAT I WORE
Compared to past summers, this summer has been very different because now my weekends are starting to be filled with bridal showers, bachelorette parties and weddings! Still mind blowing to me that my friends and I are at the age where that’s normal (didn’t we all turn 16 like last week?!) but overall, it’s such a fun and exciting time and the best part – a lot more time spent with all my girlfriends!
This weekend, I’m heading back to Michigan for a beach weekend to celebrate my friend Katie before her big day in October! Without giving too much away on what we have planned for her, I wanted to share some fun gifts and ideas for those attending or planning a girls’ getaway soon.
1. Packed Party Drink Up Reusuable Cups: Instead of dealing with dishes or boring plastic cups, these reusuable cups are essential to use all weekend long and a cute souvenir for everyone to take home!
2. Sugarfina Cheers Champagne 3-Piece Candy Bento Box: Girls’ weekends should have always have two things on hand: lots of bubbly and candy, so why not combine them with these champagne gummies?!
3. Luxe Rose Gold Flamingo Float: Whether in the pool or on the lake, a flamingo float is a must for the perfect photo op.
4. Marysia Swim Antibes Maillot Suit: This white one piece is far from boring and pops against a summer tan. Plus it’s on major sale right now!
5. White Elephant Designs “Out Of Office” Straw Tote: I picked up this roomy tote for my upcoming trip to Italy and I couldn’t be more obsessed! With so many fun sayings (and on sale right now!) it’s the ideal beach bag for vacay.
DRINKS AND THINGS
GIFTS TO GIVE
GIRLS WEEKEND ATTIRE
Growing up, summer time meant spending time on the lake. Now though, I’ve learned quickly that in New York it’s all about the rooftop. A few weeks ago, my friend Christy of Crowns by Christy threw her second annual Rosé and Crowns party on her incredible roof to help kick off summer. From making flower crowns to sipping Barrymore Wines Rosé, it was so nice to catch up with some of my favorite blogger ladies like Lauren, Krista, Lauren, Ashley, Maggie and Liz and take in the views of the city. To help celebrate National Rosé Day today, thought it was a perfect time to share the gorgeous night with all of you! I’ll be sipping a few extra glasses to celebrate all weekend long. Cheers!
Photos by MSN Photography
Location: Lower East Side, New York City
I love planning out themed desserts for holidays and celebrations, and one of my favorites is making red, white and blue treats for the Fourth of July. While I’m still planning what will be the perfect treat for during my time here at home, these 8 treats are at the top of my list!
Blueberry Patriotic via CosmoCookie
I’ve always been obsessed with planning the perfect party and finding fun new ways to gather friends. Even after working a few years in the wedding industry (miss you my A Day In May ladies!), I still find myself day-dreaming about all the decor and details it takes to put together a standout event.
Today, I’m sharing one party I just can’t get enough of! A few weeks ago, my friends Lauren Nelson and Christy Doramus teamed up to throw the dreamiest girls night ever. Christy is the queen of flower crowns, owning her own business Crowns By Christy, and along with Lauren, they turned her apartment into a garden in the sky. From learning how to make our own crowns to sipping rose out of Packed Party Disco Drinks, I couldn’t have had more of a perfect night hanging with these ladies.
Photos by Alexandra Wolf