It feels like the last few months have been a constant state of traveling and visitors, which also results in not great eating or exercising habits. From wedding fun to Italy travels, getting my body back into a normal schedule is my main focus. Now with finally calming down on travel until the holidays, I wanted to share some of my tips for getting your mind and body back on track after traveling.
- Sweat it out: A workout always makes me feel better, especially after a trip. I usually do BBG or go for a run in my apartment gym first, and then ease back into harder workouts like FlyWheel and Barry’s Bootcamp later in the week when I have more energy (and really need to sweat!)
- Cut carbs and alcohol: As soon as I get back, I try to cut out carbs and alcohol. A lot of veggies, salads, kombucha drinks and extra water gets me feeling so much better after indulging while away. Some of my favorite meals to make are zucchini noodles with tomato sauce, chicken with sautéed kale and mushrooms and this new favorite: a sweet potato, avocado and egg bowl from the ladies at Somewhere Lately.
- Schedule a facial: Travel usually messes with my skin so after a hot shower, I like to use a deep cleaning mask while unpacking. This Skinceuticals Clarifying Clay Mask is my absolute favorite to help with blackheads and breakouts, while I relay on L’Oreal Paris Exfoliate & Refine Pores Pure Clay Mask for dry skin and Erno Lazlo Hydrogel Sheet Masks for extra hydration.
- Extra sleep: Easier said then done for me, but usually after a long trip I’m always so exhausted so getting to bed super early is key.
- Clean clean clean: My number one tip though? Unpack immediately! Letting my suitcase sit out and wait to do laundry always makes it hard to get back into a routine. Putting away everything and doing a load or two of laundry will help kick your week off on the right foot.SHOP THE POST