1. I recently found this amazing store called Bulletin in Soho and it has become my go-to for gifts. For the holiday season, they are opening their 90s themed mini mall in Flatiron and its way too much fun not to stop and shop in! Another great reason to shop there? The store features all women owned brands and 10% of all their sales go to help Planned Parenthood. A pink store that plays J. Lo all day, what’s not to love!?
2. It’s my birthday on Sunday, so I’m heading out for tacos and margaritas tonight with some of my favorite people. I’m planning on wearing this shirt and not only do I love the price and how it looks, but its also called the “Carly” shirt so how could I not resist?!
3. It’s crazy how quick things went from Halloween to Christmas but I don’t hate it! I love this cute Christmas cookie guide Liz put together, Lauren’s Christmas tree decorating ideas and Jenn’s incredible gift guide!
4. If you’re a fan of Man Repeller, now you too can hang their photos in your home thanks to their new collab with Framebridge! Obsessed with the Lobster Dinner and The Face Mask prints.
5. Weekend sales, shop away! My favorite winter coat, the field jacket I can’t get enough of and this luxe faux fur vest.
Namrata Joshipura Bow, Zara Fur (old, similar)
Dry Shampoo, amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo has been my favorite for years thanks to its amazing scent and easy to blend powder, making my dirty hair looks its best.
Texture Spray, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: Since my hair is a natural wave/curl to it, I rely on this texturizing spray to help get “just back from the beach” waves. Plus, it gives your hair an incredible scent so its worth an extra few sprays.
Frizz Protectant, R+Co Foil Frizz Plus Static Control Spray: For when I just need to smooth away flyaways or help get rid of frizz, this spray is the one I always reach to. Plus the packaging is too cute not to leave out on my vanity.
Hair Spray, L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray: This hairspray is a favorite among hair stylists and celebrities and I quickly learned why once I started using it. It keeps my hair in place all day, and great for helping smooth any flyaways as well.
Heat Protectant, Kerastase L’incroyable Blowdry Lotion: Before blow drying my hair, I like to apply two pumps of this lotion throughout my hair. The reason this is a favorite is because it allows you to easily restyle or change your hair with the use of heat tools and not have to worry about rewashing to get a different look.
Hair Oil, OUAI Hair Oil: At night, I’m all about covering my hair and skin in oil. From the minute I first tried the OUAI oil on my hair I was hooked. It smells INCREDIBLE. If you’re a fan of jasmine and floral scents, this oil is perfect. You only need one pump to coat your hair with the ideal amount. I apply it to my wet hair and let it air dry for smoother, natural waves.
Shampoo and Conditioner, L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner: Although I am a brunette, I love to use a purple shampoo and conditioner on my hair to keep my blonde highlights from getting brassy, and the rest of my hair turning red. This shampoo and conditioner is such a great price point and has kept my hair looking its best for months now.
Curling Wand, amika Curl Icon Base Kit: I’ve never been able to curl my own hair until I tried this wand from amika. It makes it so easy to get those relaxed waves. I can curl my whole head now in under 15 minutes and the interchangeable wand sizes make it easy to find the perfect sized curls for you!
Straightner, Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth 1 1/4″ Flat Iron: No joke, I have had this hair straightner since I was a junior in high school and it still works like its brand new I’ve never found another straightner that does the job like this one, especially with my thick and wavy hair.
Accessories, J. Crew: J. Crew always seems to nail it when it comes to hair accessories. My favorite this season is their velvet bow hair-ties and I had to use self control not to buy all three colors! They’re perfect for dressing up a simple outfit this fall and holiday season.
SHOP THE POST
Hello November! I can’t get over how fast the last few months have gone and that it’s already the holiday season! November is always a favorite of mine thanks to my birthday (I’m turning 26 on Sunday, eek!) and seeing family and friends at Thanksgiving.
I’ve had my eyes on a few things and with so many good sales, I couldn’t resist sharing my November wish list with you all so you can shop it as well! If you didn’t know already, Shopbop is having a surprise sale right now with so many great deals, especially under $100! I love these velvet jeans for the holidays, a classic pair of flares and this gorgeous velvet dress for all the holiday parties coming up!
Other favorites this month? Lots of cozy knits and jackets, fun home accessories and a lot of pink (even pink gin)! Happy shopping!
1. H&M Knit Sweater: H&M is killing it with their sweaters this season, and this cherry red one is next on my list.
2. Brunch Lady Fiberglass Tray: How adorable is this tray?! Would be perfect for a coffee table or use to serve at your next brunch!
3. Sam Edelman Velvet Pumps: I can’t stop thinking about this swoon-worthy blush heels! Would be so cute with boyfriend jeans and got to love they’re under $150!
4. Mango Contrast Faux Fur Coat: Mango is a new find of mine thanks to all their incredible coats and I love the tan teddy bear coat with the pop of hot pink on the sleeves.
5. Wolffer Estate Pink Gin: After month’s of being sold out, this pink gin finally hit the shelves here in NYC! Can’t resist my favorite cocktail in pink form!
SHOP MORE FAVORITES
For me, fall is all about layering. With the every changing temperatures and forecasts, having pieces that I can easily throw on and mix and match with other favorites is key. For my recent trip out to visit wineries on Long Island, I wanted to make sure I would be comfortable from morning till night. This jacket was the perfect piece to bring along because it’s light weight material kept me warm, but not overheated, and was ideal for the different locations we visited. I paired it with my three fall essentials, a striped tee, my new favorite jeans and a classic pair of loafers for an easy on the go look. Olive green is a favorite color of mine for fall because it goes with almost everything (black, brown, navy) and I also loved the quilted detailing on this coat. Best part? It’s on super sale today so make sure to grab it before it’s too late!
Location: Macari Vineyards, Long Island, New York
SHOP THE POST
1. I received from the Kate Spade team this week a copy of their beautiful new book, She. Kate Spade always creates amazing coffee table books but this one all about inspirational women I think takes the cake for my favorite. A must to give any of the favorite ladies in your life!
2. Thinking of making this spooky Halloween sangria tonight for our friends before we head out for the night!
3. I had never been a huge Demi Lovato fan before but after watching her new YouTube documentary, Simply Complicated, I can’t stop listening to her new album. Highly recommend watching and listening to both!
4. Posts I’ve been loving? Jess‘ tips for layering, Kat‘s all white look and Jessica‘s travel bucket list (how cute is the new Away x Gray Malin collab?!)
5. When it comes to Halloween costumes I like to use items in my closet I already own. Last year, I went as J. Lo (Juicy tracksuit and all) and also a Pink Lady. This year, I’m going as Cher from Clueless and the only thing I had to buy was the fuzzy pink pen! Shop the pieces you need (plus some other favorite Halloween decorations and treats!) before Tuesday!
One of the best parts about living in New York is having access to almost everything at your fingertips, including leaving the city when needed. There are so many gorgeous cities surrounding New York City to explore and visit for a day or weekend, but some aren’t always the easiest to get to. That’s where Skedaddle comes in and makes life so much easier. This past weekend, I got to experience it first hand with an amazing group of bloggers on a day trip to a few different wineries and breweries out in North Folk, Long Island. Today I’m excited to share down the breakdown of our day and how easy it is use to Skedaddle if you’re looking for a fun fall weekend trip soon!
Can’t go anywhere without my favorite travel partner Katie!
First off, if you’re not familiar with Skedaddle, it’s a great app to use when looking for a day trip or overnight trip as well. Users can search for routes by event or destination and start a route to wherever they want, get picked up wherever, and dropped off wherever. You can easily join in on other groups to save costs or do your own private reservation as well. This is perfect for friends or couples who don’t have a car and want to get out of the city without worrying about renting a car, picking someone to be a DD or going to a city that’s not easily accessed by public transportation.
For our day trip, us 10 bloggers left the city in a small bus around 8:30 am. Thanks to a quick nap on the bus, we quickly arrived to North Folk in about two hours and was ready to kick off our day. Our first winery stop was at Bedell Ciders. This gorgeous winery features a huge porch that looks out over the vineyard, making it the ideal spot to sip and taste their wines. We truly lucked out on the weather and it was the perfect 70 degree day to walk around and soak in the sunshine with a glass of wine in hand. My favorites were their roses and I’m always a sucker for chic labels, and all their bottles would look perfect on a bar cart.
Our next stop we switched things up and headed to Greenport Harbor Brewery for a beer tasting and lunch. A lot of the girls on the trip were mainly food bloggers which resulted in a pretty epic lunch spread. The food here was SO good and nothing better than tasting a variety of beers with a range of savory snacks on the side. My favorite beer was the one called Leaf Pile, which had tastes of cider and cinnamon, making it the ideal beer for a fall day. We also got to tour the brewery with the owner and it was such a cool way to learn more about how they make their beer and how two best friends decided to start the business together.
Mid-afternoon took us to our final winery of the day and while I loved our other stops, this vineyard cannot be missed if you make your way out to Long Island. Macari Vineyards is a family owned winery and we were greeted upon our arrival by the owner’s daughter Gabriella. Growing up on the vineyard and now working for it as well, Gabriella gave us an incredible tour of the vineyard, including the cows they raise for compost for the vineyard. We couldn’t get enough of all the cute baby cows and even a few jumped in the fence to get closer! We then headed up to a secret part of the vineyard, which was the incredible bluff that looked over the water. It could not have been a more beautiful day to take in the view (and lots of photos). After a few glasses of rose by the water, we headed back to the main house where we got to taste their wines in a private tasting room in the downstairs cellar. Surrounded by barrels, we all sat at gorgeous long wood tables and got to sip on their incredible wines (my favorite wines of the day!). We all joked that we felt like we were in The Parent Trap thanks to a few favorites from the soundtrack playing in the background! Another reason we loved Macari so much? The family owned pizza truck, Avellino Pizza, outside! We got to sample all of the favorites from the family and locals and we could not get enough. We weren’t ready to leave this gorgeous place but the city was calling us back!
Our final stop along the way home was Table 7 Bistro, a beautiful restaurant about an hour and a half away and about 40 minutes away from the city. While we were pretty full from all the delicious bites and sips from the day, this was a fun place to stop and recap our day along with lots of cocktails and desserts. Before we knew it, we were back in the city and ready for bed!
I can’t rave enough about Skedaddle for anyone living in a big city and looking for an escape for a day or two. Not only did we get to try a ton of new spots, a little fresh air outside the city is the ideal way to spend a Saturday and clear your head!
Thank you to Skedaddle for sponsoring this post!
WHAT I WORE
When it comes to shopping, finding pieces that are versatile enough for both work, weekend and date night are always my main goals. I’ve always been gravitated to classic pieces that have a twist to them and when I spotted this blazer, I knew it would be a favorite to throw on no matter what my plans were. I was instantly drawn to its metallic tweed, pearl buttons and oversized fit, which makes it so comfortable to be in all day. For work, I love finding new ways to dress up my favorite boyfriend jeans and with a black tank and heels, this outfit was an easy one to put together.
The best part? This blazer is under $50! The tweed and pearls make it look and feel so much more expensive than it actually is, making it a great staple to mix and match with. Some other outfit ideas I’m thinking of? Leather leggings and a black turtleneck, a sweater dress and over the knee boots and when its warmer out again, a pair of Chanel flats and high rise denim shorts. Get ready to see lots more of this blazer from me!
Photos by Carter Fish
Location: Stone Street, New York City
SHOP THE POST
1. Felt so great to catch up with Mackenzie and Katie this week at an adorable new spot Motel Morris. Nothing better than great girl talk with a side of fries and margaritas!
2. It was the perfect fall weather this week, which means lots of cooking and baking! So excited to try Merritt’s recipe for Butternut Squash Noodles with Goat Cheese and Sage.
3. I cannot get over how stunning Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe’s Positano wedding was! Every single detail was perfection and I can’t imagine anywhere more dreamy than Positano to get married.
4. Fall is filled with birthdays and I’ve found such adorable pieces at Parker Thatch (perfect for the monogram lover) and home gifts at Waiting On Martha. So many fun finds like this sweatshirt, this eye mask and this tray!
5. I’m doing a lot of fun fall activities out of the city this weekend, so I picked up a few new fall staples that will be great for layering and fall fun! Plus everything is 25% off at Anthropologie today, the perfect time to stock up on my favorite candles (this pumpkin one is THE BEST for fall!)
Madewell Booties (c/o)
My favorite season to shop for is fall, so after a major closet clean out the last few weeks, I’ve been stocking up on new basics. And with so many amazing sales happening, it’s hard not to shop! Today, I’m sharing down the breakdown of the four pieces I’m focused on for shopping this season.
Sweaters: I’m all about oversize knits, classic colors and feminine details like velvet bows and delicate embellishments.
Jeans: This season, I’m focused on finally investing in jeans I love. I recently picked up this pair and I am OBSESSED! Definitely added a few more styles to my cart to try.
Ankle Boots: A great pair of ankle boots goes with everything in the fall. From jeans to dresses, I love a heeled bootie to mix and match all season.
Statement coats: If I could have a different coat everyday I would! There’s so many great statement making coats this season, from teddy bear jackets (I bought this and LOVE!) to hot pink stunners.
It may be almost November, but it finally just started feeling like fall! I’ve had these pieces in my closet for a few weeks now and so excited to finally break them out. When it comes to fall dressing, I’m all about keeping it simple and relying on cozy classics for both work and the weekend.
While some may be against white after Labor Day, I love pairing white denim with creams and tans for fall and winter. This sweater is my absolute new favorite! Under $60, its super soft, and I love the loose fit of it, while still looking stylish. Paired with my favorite white cropped jeans and my new Gucci loafers (an outlet find while in Italy!), I already know this outfit will be on constant rotation.
Photos by Carter Fish
Location: South Street Seaport, New York City
SHOP THE POST