I personally love January as it is a great way to cross off tasks from your to-do list and also implement new routines (more on that next week!). With that said, I wanted to kick off with some easy tasks to help simplify your life, and also your mind! I shared this list a few years back and it’s something I often go back to when feeling overwhelmed.
Expanding off of that, this list is easy tasks you can cross off a few a day (or week) to help make sure your time is spent focusing on more important tasks! I always find I can cross off my to-do list so much better with a few smaller tasks than letting them build up to one long list and I hope this list helps you do that too.
25 EASY TASKS TO SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE:
1. Refold a messy drawer or shelf in your closet.
2. Throw away three things in your fridge or pantry that are expired or you don’t need anymore.
3. Do a quick vacuum around your home.
4. Reorganize your travel makeup bag for easy packing in the future.
5. Add five pieces of clothing to a donation bag.
6. Make one make ahead meal for the week (a soup, pasta sauce, quiche or muffins) so you have one meal ready each day.
7. Reorganize the junk drawer.
8. Set a timer for 15 min and then delete photos/screenshots you don’t need in your phone.
9. If financially able, set up bills and monthly payments to automatic to avoid late fees.
10. Reorder any household staples to be delivered before you run out of them (toilet paper, paper towel, coffee, etc.)
11. Throw out five empty or expired beauty products you’ve been holding onto.
12. Unsubscribe from unwanted emails in the AM instead of automatically deleting or ignoring them.
13. Delete old text messages and contacts from your phone.
14. Create a folder on your computer with all important info, delete any unwanted files.
15. Book a dinner reservation or two for the month ahead so you have fun plans made.
16. Add friend and families birthdays to your calendar so you don’t miss.
17. Go through a cookbook and mark three new recipes to try before you go to the grocery store.
18. Clean your jewelry.
19. Go through your memberships and make note of their renewal dates in your calendar before you’re charged again if wanting to cancel.
20. Go through your Tupperware drawer and get rid of any mismatched/missing pieces.
21. Clean any filters in your home.
22. Send five texts or emails just saying hi to people you have been meaning to catch up with.
23. Clean out your purse.
24. Double check your passport and ID expiration dates and schedule appointments if needed.
25. Go through your gift cards and make note of what you can still use in your phone.