1.This week flew by thanks to lots of fun plans with friends. Valentine’s Day was filled with lots of Sugarfina candy, homemade treats (made these easy cake cookies for the office), trying new spots for dinner and drinks and then a secret stand up show with John Mulaney! Also seeing him again tonight with friends at Radio City – so excited!
2. So obsessed with Nicolette’s home tour on The Coveteur. Doesn’t get much more chic than Gucci in your Kitchen Aid Mixer right?! Also loved Grace’s bedroom reveal on her blog too (so cozy and relaxing!).
3. I’ve recently fallen in love with a new workout studio here in NYC called Bari Studio. Seriously the best workout class ever! Also my favorite spin studio, The Monster Cycle (they play the music videos while you spin), has had so many fun themes this week (like Britney v. Justin) that I’ve been so excited to go workout this week! New workout clothes too, like these leggings, make it a little more fun too.
4. With this week’s horrible tragedy in Florida, it is another constant reminder that so much needs to change in our country. I loved this post on Glitter Guide about 20 random acts of kindness because right now, everyone needs a little bit of that.
5. The weather was in the 50s this week so I couldn’t resist doing a little spring shopping! From the perfect white tee, to new pajamas (the softest pjs ever!) to a pink bikini, so many great pieces coming out!
Archives for February 2018
Last year, my main goal was to travel more and I felt so lucky that I was able to check off so many incredible cities (and countries!) off my list. With the weather so blah and grey right now, I always get antsy and begin day dreaming of places I’m hoping to visit soon. Today I’m sharing my 2018 travel goals list and would love to know if you’ve been to any of these cities as well and hear your favorite spots and/or goals too!
LONDON: London has been on my bucket list for years and 2018 is finally the year I’m hoping to make it a reality! To me, this city is the perfect balance of history (everything Royal Family please!), art, fashion and food.
PALM SPRINGS: The last time I was in Palm Springs was when I was 10 years old for a family trip so I’m very overdue for a getaway there! My sister and I loved our Italy sister trip last year so thinking a sister trip to sunny Cali would be a fun idea for November.
NANTUCKET: There are so many East Coast cities on my bucket list but after visiting Martha’s Vineyard two summers ago, I’m dying to visit Nantucket for a fun girls weekend and soak up everything preppy and coastal!
TULUM: My family is brainstorming a tropical vacation for after Christmas and I am pushing Tulum to escape the Michigan cold! I’ve only heard amazing things and how incredible the food is there. Fresh seafood and a margarita in hand to kick off the new year with? Sign me up!
NEWPORT, RHODE ISLAND: Another weekend getaway on my wish list this year is exploring Newport, Rhode Island. Thinking a few days by the beach (and maybe a day trip to Watch Hill as well) would be the ideal summer weekend!
For all my past travel guides, head to my full travel page
SHOP MY TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
When we began planning our annual Galentine’s Day brunch this year, I knew I wanted to make something special. Thanks to Flour Shop, a new bakery in Soho, everyone has been obsessing over their sprinkle filled, rainbow cakes and it gave me the perfect inspiration to try for myself.
While it seems like this it would be very challenging, it was so much easier than I thought! I put my Valentine’s Day spin on it with strawberry boxed cake mix and conversation hearts and after a few easy steps, an Instagram worthy cake was made! Here’s a breakdown of how to make one for yourself:
– 2 boxes of boxed cake mix (flavor of your choice)
– 2 frostings (flavor of your choice)
– 1 bag of candy
1. Make the cake mixes per the directions on the box and bake in four 9″ circle cake pans
2. After cooling, use a large circle cookie cutter or drinking glass to help cut the center out of two of the layers.
3. Next, frost and stack each layer, with the two cut out layers stacked in the middle. The bottom and top layer should be without the cut out.
4. Before stacking the final top layer, fill the candy in the center hole to the top. Then top with the final layer.
5. Finally, frost the cake and get ready to cut in for the fun surprise!
Would love to hear if any of you try this for your own Valentine’s Day or any other celebration! There are so many fun options to try for the holidays to come. Enjoy!
SHOP MY FAVORITE BAKING ITEMS
1.Time flies and somehow another NYFW is here! I’m heading to my favorite show every season this morning (Kate Spade!) and looking forward to seeing some of my favorite ladies too. Also, they have so many good pieces right now from this floral dress to Valentine’s Day sweater that I may need to do a little shopping this weekend too.
2. I’ve seen everyone posting the GG Crackers thanks to Lauryn sharing her obsession. I just ordered them for myself to try after seeing Brooke and Meggan’s roundup of recipes to try!
3. My friends and I are throwing our annual Galentine’s Day party and I’m so excited to celebrate with all our girlfriends over mimosas and waffles (with our favorite mini waffle maker! This party from Lauren Conrad is such fun inspo and stay tuned for another fun dessert on Monday as well!
4. I’ve been on a big Amazon kick lately and trying to buy things that will help with organizing and taking care of things that have been on my to-do list. This week’s life changing purchase? A powerful sweater shaver to help git rid of all those annoying pills – it’s the best!
5. A lot of stores are starting to release their spring pieces and I couldn’t resist picking up a few things already for Florida next week, shop below to see what I got!
Now that you’ve sent out cards and picked up a few gifts, it’s time to dress the part! For me personally, Valentine’s is meant to be a little over the top so I love wearing a fun faux fur or bright red and pink together. So whether you decide to go full out or add a festive touch, I’ve rounded up a ton of different pieces ideal for date night to Galentine’s Day or a cozy night in!
DRESSY DATE NIGHT
COZY AT HOME
GALENTINE’S DAY FAVORITES
Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays thanks to its abundance of pink, dessert and hearts everywhere. Whether celebrating with your girlfriends (can’t wait for my annual Galentine’s Day party!) or with a special someone, I’ve rounded up gifts for every price point to give and receive this February 14th!
1. Who wouldn’t love getting these adorable Kate Spade Chocolate Heart Bag to wear all through February?!
2. A pretty silk eye mask, like this slip Silk Eye Mask, is a pretty and practical gift for any beauty lover.
3. Candy is always a winning gift, especially when its these extra sweet and addicting Sugarfina Sugar Lips Cube.
4. Heart eyes, literally. These Saint Laurent Sunglasses are selling out everywhere but you can also grab these incredible dupes for under $10!
5. If you’re in need of a funny Galentine’s Day gift, this Graphic Candle is the ideal present for all your single ladies.
6. Let your sweater say what’s on your mind with this gorgeous Lingua Franca Sweater.
1.Hello February! Didn’t January seem to be the longest month ever?! So excited for the month ahead! This weekend I’m looking forward to a new haircut and color (stay tuned on Instagram for the reveal!), checking a lot of my to-do list and the Superbowl Halftime Show with one of my favorites, Justin Timberlake!
2. Speaking of new hair, I just ordered a ton from Kristin Ess’ line at Target. I’ve heard amazing reviews about her dry shampoo and I’m excited to also try her air dry creme and beach wave spray. Plus the packaging is gorgeous so it’s perfect to display on your counter too.
3. Posts I loved this week? Gaby’s roundup of insanely delicious looking Superbowl recipes, Blair’s fun color combo and can’t get over how adorable Kelly and Jeff’s nursery for Arlo is!
4. The cold weather has me dreaming of my beach vacay next month! J. Crew launched their new swim collection this week and I couldn’t resist picking up this pink bikini.
5. Speaking of shopping, I picked up a few random things this week, from fun Valentine’s Day sunnies (incredible Saint Laurent dupes!) to a new desk calendar to some beauty lifesavers (this ice roller, brow serum and teeth whitening pen are musts!). What’s on your shopping list this month?
To me, there is nothing better than receiving a hand written card or note. One of my favorite weekend activities is browsing through my favorite card stores (Greenwich Letterpress and Pink Olive are my favorites in the city!) and picking up a few fun cards to send to my friends and family.
With Valentine’s Day two weeks away, there’s no better time to send a few love letters to all the loved ones in your life! I rounded up my favorites, from funny ones for your girlfriends to all out romantic, to shop and send this February.
FOOD + DRINKS
ROMANCE AND HUMOR