When it comes to taking the perfect Instagram these days, one swipe of a filter doesn’t always cut it. While I wouldn’t call myself an expert by any means, I’ve learned a few favorite tricks through the years that I thought I would share today. Another reason to practice out your new skills? Glitter Guide launched our A Color Story filter pack “Flashes Of Delight” today and get ready to make your photos oh so pretty! In the meantime, here are my five top tips:
1. Find your light: Great light is a must for having the clearest and brightest photo. While finding natural light isn’t always an option, it’s key to avoid harsh yellow light from a lamp or overhead lighting to help reduce shadows and improve clarity.
2. Pick a favorite app: I’ve played around with a lot of apps, and while A Color Story is my favorite, there’s so many great ones that make editing a breeze. To help cut down on extra phone time, save favorite filters for the future for a quick turnaround, and cohesive looking feed.
3. Take many options: When it comes to posting the best photo, you need lots of options to edit. Try taking a few different angles, a close-up and one farther away, etc. to play around with when you’re editing.
4. Use your tools: A filter can’t be the only tool you rely on to fix a photo. Use the tools on Instagram or within your editing app to tune the warmth down, bring up the contrast or add a little extra brightness to make things pop.
5. Post what makes you happy: Most importantly, post the things that you love on your Instagram! Whether a cool mural, a favorite dessert or you and your best friends, Instagram was created to share all the little things in life!