Hello 2017! After 10 days of quiet, relaxation and lots of sleep at home in Michigan, I’m excited for a new year back in NYC.
To be honest, 2016 was a really weird year. While a lot of amazing things happened (launching the blog, moving to a new apartment, new friends), it also was filled with a lot of uncertainty and disappointment. The last few months especially felt like a constant struggle of trying to make time for everything and everyone. Certain things I had truly looked forward to ended the opposite of way I had hoped.
With that said, and as cliche as it sounds, I am so ready for a fresh new start! To keep me on track and motivated for the upcoming year, I’m sharing my top 5 goals for 2017:
- Travel: My top goal for 2017 is to cross off some cities on my bucket list. I always find myself refreshed and inspired after a great trip and I’m so excited to visit places I’ve never been before. On the list? Charleston, Philly, Nantucket, Santa Barbara and Aspen. The number one dream trip though is a sister trip to Greece. Let the planning begin!
- Sleep: I’ve always been a night owl and loved staying up late. However, it’s starting to catch up on me, and affecting me in more ways than one. I know this is definitely going to be one of my hardest goals because there is only so much time in the day, but I’m hoping after a few weeks I can get on a much more healthy schedule.
- Positivity: Whether a delayed subway train or a broken umbrella, it’s very easy in New York to start the day off in a negative mood and I quickly found myself the last year starting my day off annoyed. I was exhausted (due to lack of sleep) and would wake up thinking of everything I didn’t want to do that day. While it’s easier said than done, I realize now that I need to be more aware of my attitude. I think one of the best ways I can do this is by waking up earlier and taking more time in the morning for myself. Instead of starting the day in a rush, I’m looking forward to starting the day more slowly and hopefully, more positive.
- Creativity: I love being creative, whether that’s putting together an inspiring mood board, trying a new recipe or attempting a DIY for my apartment. However, the past year I felt like I never had time to try new things and push myself creatively. Now with the blog, I want to spend more time creating new and original content, which leads me to my next goal…
- Building Out The Blog: Launching the blog last year was a dream come true but like most people say, finding the time to actually write has been the hardest part. I always seem to be cranking out something at 1 am when I can barely keep my eyes open, which in the end is not the work I want to be putting out. This year, I’m focusing on spending more time planning out content ahead of time, finding great brand partners and finding a little time everyday to focus only on the blog. I’m so excited for what’s to come and I can’t thank you all enough for joining in the journey so far!