1. It was pretty miserable weather here this week so thank goodness for Paris Couture Week to give us some eye candy! I can’t get the Giambattista Valli dress above out of my head or the sparkly Chanel show. Perfection!
2. I got a facial last week at Mario Badescu and it felt so great to get a skin reset after a busy holiday season. Their Vitamin-C moisturizer gave me an amazing glow and helped deeply moisturize my dry winter skin.
3. The Vanity Fair Hollywood Issue is always one of my favorite magazine covers of the year and this year’s is no short of stunning. This girl gang of actresses Emma Stone, Lupita Nyong’o, Natalie Portman and more all dressed up in blush, deep red and sparkles is oh so glamorous for February.
4. Hard to believe it’s already February next week! I have lots of Valentine’s Day content coming your way and a fun Galentine’s Day brunch I’m planning for. I think I may need to pick up this adorable sweater for the party!
5. I’ve been in need of some new pieces for winter so I picked up this sweater and these amazing loafers and I’m obsessed! Sharing a few more favorites on my wish list below:
Archives for January 2017
Forever 21 Blazer (sold out, similar option)
I’ve shared before that I have a love for statement pieces, so it’s no surprise that I’ve been drawn to quirky patched pieces lately. Whether on a classic blazer like above, or on a pair of worn in boyfriend jeans, these embroidered patches add a touch of individuality and fun to a simple piece.
While DIY-ing with your own patches can be a great activity, I’ve made it easier and found some amazing pieces that take out the arts and crafts for you.
TOPS AND SWEATSHIRTS
Like most people, January has been focused on healthier eating and cranking up our exercise routines. For me personally, I’ve found a great new routine that I’m excited to share more about with you soon! One way I believe to make yourself feel even better in a workout is to be dressed in clothes that are not only sleek and stylish, but give you confidence as well. Today, I’m sharing some of my favorite workout gear (like my new favorite Outdoor Voices leggings) that can easily take you from Flywheel to brunch in a flash!
TOPS AND SPORTS BRAS
HOODIES AND SWEATSHIRTS
It’s no secret I love a good striped shirt. Some may call it a slight addiction when looking through my closet, but you can never have enough of a classic right? Whether worn alone, mixed with other patterns or layered, it is easily one of the most versatile pieces to own. Today I’m sharing my favorites, such as a classic crew or turtleneck, to keep you in striped style no matter what the season.
When it comes to taking the perfect Instagram these days, one swipe of a filter doesn’t always cut it. While I wouldn’t call myself an expert by any means, I’ve learned a few favorite tricks through the years that I thought I would share today. Another reason to practice out your new skills? Glitter Guide launched our A Color Story filter pack “Flashes Of Delight” today and get ready to make your photos oh so pretty! In the meantime, here are my five top tips:
1. Find your light: Great light is a must for having the clearest and brightest photo. While finding natural light isn’t always an option, it’s key to avoid harsh yellow light from a lamp or overhead lighting to help reduce shadows and improve clarity.
2. Pick a favorite app: I’ve played around with a lot of apps, and while A Color Story is my favorite, there’s so many great ones that make editing a breeze. To help cut down on extra phone time, save favorite filters for the future for a quick turnaround, and cohesive looking feed.
3. Take many options: When it comes to posting the best photo, you need lots of options to edit. Try taking a few different angles, a close-up and one farther away, etc. to play around with when you’re editing.
4. Use your tools: A filter can’t be the only tool you rely on to fix a photo. Use the tools on Instagram or within your editing app to tune the warmth down, bring up the contrast or add a little extra brightness to make things pop.
5. Post what makes you happy: Most importantly, post the things that you love on your Instagram! Whether a cool mural, a favorite dessert or you and your best friends, Instagram was created to share all the little things in life!
1. Hello weekend! With spring like temps this week, a new pair of sunnies was needed! I recently joined DITTO’s Endless Eyewear Program, where I can try these Karen Walker glasses for a few weeks, and then swap out when I find another pair I love. I never can make a decision on what to buy when it comes to sunglasses so this has become my favorite solution! Want to join too? Use CARLYAHILLXDITTO, so you can receive your first month of Endless Eyewear for free!
2. My roommate Katie and I started Kayla Itsines’ BBG this week and to say it’s whipping us back into shape is an understatement – in so much pain! Looking forward to also switching it up and doing some favorite classes too like spin at FlyWheel and The Monster Cycle and dance at 305 Fitness.
4. I just finished binge-watching Showtime’s The Affair and Netflix’s The Crown (both so good!), and in need of my next show to watch. Any suggestions?
5.A little mid-week pick me up is sometimes all you need and attending a fun dinner with Kate Spade New York and Williams Sonoma was just that for me! How adorable is their new china collection?! Shop a few of my favorite pieces below!
(images via Pinterest)
Mercury is no longer in retrograde as of two days ago but it sure doesn’t feel like that! I’m currently sick and stuck on my couch and unfortunately, looks like I’ll be here for a few more days. So to keep the creative juices flowing, I’m sharing this month’s mood board and the pieces I’m looking to fill my closet with. January for me is all about simplicity, classic black and white and feminine details like bows and flare sleeves.
Hello 2017! After 10 days of quiet, relaxation and lots of sleep at home in Michigan, I’m excited for a new year back in NYC.
To be honest, 2016 was a really weird year. While a lot of amazing things happened (launching the blog, moving to a new apartment, new friends), it also was filled with a lot of uncertainty and disappointment. The last few months especially felt like a constant struggle of trying to make time for everything and everyone. Certain things I had truly looked forward to ended the opposite of way I had hoped.
With that said, and as cliche as it sounds, I am so ready for a fresh new start! To keep me on track and motivated for the upcoming year, I’m sharing my top 5 goals for 2017:
- Travel: My top goal for 2017 is to cross off some cities on my bucket list. I always find myself refreshed and inspired after a great trip and I’m so excited to visit places I’ve never been before. On the list? Charleston, Philly, Nantucket, Santa Barbara and Aspen. The number one dream trip though is a sister trip to Greece. Let the planning begin!
- Sleep: I’ve always been a night owl and loved staying up late. However, it’s starting to catch up on me, and affecting me in more ways than one. I know this is definitely going to be one of my hardest goals because there is only so much time in the day, but I’m hoping after a few weeks I can get on a much more healthy schedule.
- Positivity: Whether a delayed subway train or a broken umbrella, it’s very easy in New York to start the day off in a negative mood and I quickly found myself the last year starting my day off annoyed. I was exhausted (due to lack of sleep) and would wake up thinking of everything I didn’t want to do that day. While it’s easier said than done, I realize now that I need to be more aware of my attitude. I think one of the best ways I can do this is by waking up earlier and taking more time in the morning for myself. Instead of starting the day in a rush, I’m looking forward to starting the day more slowly and hopefully, more positive.
- Creativity: I love being creative, whether that’s putting together an inspiring mood board, trying a new recipe or attempting a DIY for my apartment. However, the past year I felt like I never had time to try new things and push myself creatively. Now with the blog, I want to spend more time creating new and original content, which leads me to my next goal…
- Building Out The Blog: Launching the blog last year was a dream come true but like most people say, finding the time to actually write has been the hardest part. I always seem to be cranking out something at 1 am when I can barely keep my eyes open, which in the end is not the work I want to be putting out. This year, I’m focusing on spending more time planning out content ahead of time, finding great brand partners and finding a little time everyday to focus only on the blog. I’m so excited for what’s to come and I can’t thank you all enough for joining in the journey so far!