When you live in a big city like New York, it’s important to getaway every once in a while for some peace and quiet. So when Katie invited me along for a weekend in Lake Oconee, Georgia with Sydney, Grace and Danielle, I couldn’t say no!
Before heading out to the woods, we kicked off our girls trip with a night at The Ritz-Carlton in Buckhead. Some of my favorite parts of our night in Atlanta?
- Cocktails: The Ritz knows how to do a cocktail! We were greeted with the most amazing cocktail set up in our rooms and it was so fun to mix up our own special cocktail while we relaxed in our rooms.
- Club Access: If you ever stay at The Ritz, make sure to spend the money on the club access. We were able to head up there throughout our stay for breakfast, lunch, dinner and lots of snacks and desserts, which saved us a ton of money in the end. We even had a special caviar and champagne service, which was so fun to try and taste as I had never had caviar before. Safe to say I can now add another expensive item to my favorites list!
- The Location: Atlanta is a huge city so it was such a nice treat to be located so close to the great shopping and food in Buckhead. We headed to the mall for some afternoon retail therapy before heading to dinner at The Southern Gentleman (make sure to get the biscuits!) for a night of Southern dining.
J. Crew Vest, J. Crew Shirt, BLANKNYC Jeans, LL Bean Boots, Michael Kors Watch, Ray-Ban Sunglasses
The next morning brought us out to the ultimate fall getaway: The Ritz-Carlton in Lake Oconee. From the minute we pulled up, we knew we were in for a relaxing stay. Greeted with hot cider and changing leaves on the trees, it is the ideal mix of luxurious and rustic. Surrounded by the beautiful lake (it was so calm while we there!) and scenery, they offer everything to guarantee a dreamy escape. The key elements that made the trip so special for us were:
- Cottages: While the hotel is gorgeous on its own, we were lucky enough to stay in one of the two bedroom cottages on the property. Nested within the trees, we were able to cozy up at night with our own fire place, drink our mornings on the porch by the water, and take afternoon walks through the woods. It was perfect for us five girls to hang out and relax in, and highly recommend if you are coming to stay with a group.
- Dining and Treats: For lunch, we couldn’t get enough of Gaby’s By The Lake. We came back two days in a row not only for the gorgeous lakeside views, but because we were obsessed with their Lobster Grilled Cheese and BBQ Pork Nachos. UNREAL. Another special treat of the hotel was s’mores and hot chocolate every night by the giant campfire. Doesn’t get much more picture perfect than roasting marshmallows under the stars!
- Spa: When unwinding, spa treatments are key. Whether a massage, facial or soaking in their hot tub by the fire, they have every treatment you could ask for. One of my favorite parts is they offer seasonal treatments to coordinate with the scents of the season, like a S’Mores Softening Pedicure or Cranberry Pomegranate Sugar Scrub.
Thank you to The Ritz-Carlton for an amazing few days and stay tuned for more outfit posts from the trip soon!