I’m currently on a fun girls’ trip in Lake Oconee, Georgia with Katie, Sydney, Grace and Danielle and so excited to be breaking out some of my fall favorites! In my opinion, fall is the best time to invest in classic pieces that will last you for years to come. Today, I’m sharing my top 10 wardrobe essentials for fall and sharing a ton of options and price points to find your new favorite pieces!
1. Military Jacket: An army green military jacket is one of the most versatile outerwear pieces for fall. It’s an ideal weight for those in-between weather days, making layering extra easy.
2. Leather Ballet Flats: My biggest fashion investment ever was my Chanel Ballet Flats. While a pricy purchase, they are an item I know I will still be wearing 30 years from now. Whether paired with skinny jeans or a little LBD, these classic, and comfortable, flats are ideal for a day of walking around the city.
3. Classic Button Down: I love a classic button down to help make an outfit in the fall a little more put together. My favorites for fall? A classic light blue oxford with a high-waisted leather skirt, a plaid shirt layered underneath a shearling vest or a soft chambray with dark jeans for a double denim look.
4. Oversized Sweater: My favorite weekend look is a slouchy and soft sweater paired with boyfriend jeans or leather leggings. A slouchy fit is ideal for a chillier day and for layering under a lighter jacket.
5. Blanket Scarf: Nothing is cozier than wrapping up in a blanket scarf on a crisp fall day. It also helps add a pop of pattern to a simple outfit, and essential for layering on a cold day.
6. Boyfriend Jeans: When it comes to weekend style, I’m all about my boyfriend jeans. I love pairing them with more structured pieces, to give a chic juxtaposition.
7. Suede Bootie: For a night out, a suede ankle boot helps add height and style, while also keeping your feet comfortable. Especially when I’m wearing a leather skirt or leggings, they add a mix of texture to my outfit.
8. High-waisted Skinny Jean: Nothing pulls an outfit together quite like a pair of great fitting jeans. For me, that’s a high-waisted skinny pair. Whether classic blue, black or destroyed, it’s always important to have a few pairs on hand.
9. Leather Loafers: My new favorite fall trend is a pair of leather loafers. While I would love to own the coveted Gucci loafters, I snatched up a few favorites at Zara this season and I love how they quickly make a simple outfit look polished and preppy.
10. LBD: Now with November here, holiday parties are going to be here soon as well! It’s important to have a party dress always ready to go in your closet, and for me, a trusty LBD is essential.