1.I’m so excited for tonight as I’m hosting a fun Friendsgiving cocktail event for Chandon at their headquarters! So surreal to partner with a brand I love so much already and feel very humbled they asked me to host. I’m planning on wearing this sparkly little dress thanks to Kate Spade while I sip on a glass of champagne or two!
2. Along with my event with Chandon, I’m also having my own Friendsgiving with my friends at my apartment. I’m using Gaby’s tips and tricks and hoping to make an epic cheeseboard for all of us tonight!
3. I went and saw Greta Gerwig’s new film, “Ladybird” last week and I can’t rave enough about this incredible film. It perfectly captures the struggles of a high school student and was both heartwarming and hilarious.
4. Some favorite posts of the week? Grace’s simple and chic look, Jillian’s coastal Christmas guide and Mackenzie’s wedding week photos, especially this post on her getting ready and first look photos!
5. It was extra chilly this week so I can’t stop stocking up on cozy pieces! Everlane has so much beautiful cashmere for incredible prices, H&M‘s sweater selection is so good right now and can’t get enough of everything J. Crew!
There is nothing better at the end of the day than getting into your favorite cozy pajamas or sweats. To kick off my holiday gift guides, I wanted to share one of my favorite gifts to receive: new pajamas! From matching flannel sets to extra soft sweatpants, I’ve rounded up the best pjs and loungewear to wear during your holidays, and throughout the chillier months!
Sweatshirts and and Sweatpants
Slippers and Eye Masks
When the weather gets cold, I’m all about layering with as many cozy fabrics as I can. Running around all day in New York, the temperatures can quickly change, which means I’m constantly taking off or adding on layers throughout the day. Along with layering, I’m all about pattern mixing this season, and thanks to Old Navy, they make it so simple and fun.
The first piece I chose was a classic navy and white striped turtleneck. You know I love a good striped tee and this turtleneck is the perfect transition piece into chillier temps, plus always mixes well with other patterns, like a festive plaid blanket scarf (a cold weather staple). This season, I’ve become obsessed with having a variety of jackets on hand and this sherpa and suede one is a must, thanks to cozy fabric, chic moto cut and its under $70 price tag!
Another key item for me this season is a pair of cropped destroyed jeans. I had been on the hunt for a pair of busted knee jeans and I haven’t taken these off since I got them last week. They instantly transform a look and they are so comfortable (and under $40!). The cropped length too makes it perfect for showing off a statement shoe, like these eggplant suede booties.
I love this outfit for running around the city on the weekends or even a casual Thanksgiving outfit next week! And with so many great sales happening at Old Navy (get ready for the incredible Black Friday deals!), you can’t beat a head to toe look under $150!
Thank you to Old Navy for sponsoring this post!
SHOP THE POST (and other cozy ON favorites)
With the holidays coming up, it feels like my schedule is packed full. And while all good things, it’s hard not to feel overwhelmed when things get busy! Wanted to share another Monday Motivation today before I start sharing all of my holiday content as a reminder to breathe and have fun!
Quotes found via Pinterest
1.We had a joint birthday party at our apartment last night and had so much having all my friends together at our place. I received a ton of messages on Instagram about my outfit and can’t rave enough about these gorgeous pink velvet pants! So fun for the holidays and I paired it with my go-to bodysuit for the night.
2. Another item I received a lot of messages about is the New York print in our apartment. My sister gave it to me a few years ago and I finally found it online to share with you all! I also found a larger version framed too so perfect to give as a gift too.
3. It was super chilly this weekend in the city and I’ve been pinning some cozy recipes and can’t wait to make Liz’s Skinny Chicken Pot Pie this week!
4. I love trying out new workout classes and loved the dance class I took at PROJECT by Equinox this weekend. The class was so fun and the studio is incredible (who doesn’t love free cold brew after?!) I wore my new set from Outdoor Voices and can’t wait to go back again this week.
5. Ok J. Crew‘s new arrivals are AMAZING! I had to use a lot of self-control but couldn’t resist these pants, these plaid shoes and new Christmas pjs. Shop some of my favorites below:
When it comes to fashion, I always like to test the limits and see what works. What some may call a fashion faux pas, I tried the double denim or “Candian Tuxedo” for a crisp fall day and I got to say I loved it. The trick is of course pairing a light chambray and a brighter or darker blue on bottom to break up the head to toe look.
While great together, I have to talk about the shirt and jeans on their own because they are my absolute go-to staples now. This chambray shirt is the softest fabric, and has the perfect balance between structure and comfort. I love it untucked too with leather pants, tucked in a high-waisted skirt or just casual with a vest or jacket over it. A definite classic to buy!
But the best part of this outfit. THESE JEANS. I have tried over 10 pairs of jeans this fall and could not find a pair that was comfortable but still looked like a jean and not a legging. That was until I finally gave in and tried these and I was sold. Khloe Kardashian really knows what she’s doing because they are perfect for the girl with a smaller waist and curvier legs and butt. A few favorite elements?
1. The fabric is super stretchy, but doesn’t stretch out.
2. It’s the perfect high waist, making them dressy enough for work or casual for the weekend.
3. They are so flattering, especially on the butt! (Size down one size!)
Cannot recommend these pieces enough so get ready to see a lot of them from now on!
SHOP THE POST
Growing up, there was always a different candle burning in our home no matter the time of year. Now with my own apartment, I find myself following in my mom’s footsteps and having a candle to match every season. From seasonal favorites to one’s I keep lit all year long, I’m sharing my six favorite candles to give and receive.
- Diptyque in Baies: The most splurge worthy candle for sure, this candle makes for the perfect gift to give or treat yourself with. Once melted away, it makes for the perfect container to leave out on the bathroom counter with all your makeup brushes.
- Boy Smells in Gardener: I first fell in love with the pink packaging and fun brand name but this floral smell is what keeps me from continuing to burn and buy this candle.
- Thymes in Frasier Fir: The ultimate holiday candle! My mom sends me this one every year and it barely makes it through the holidays as we burn it every day! It fills the room with the most fragrant Christmas tree sent, so its perfect if you don’t have a real tree too.
- Capri Blue in Volcano: This iconic candle from Anthropologie is a fan favorite thanks to its invigorating and cozy scent.
- Jonathan Adler in Champagne Pop: Not only is this candle beautiful to keep set out, it smells sexy and sweet. I love giving this along with a bottle of champagne as a fun hostess or birthday gift!
- NEST Fragrances in Bamboo: I love crisp, clean scents and this one is perfect to burn all year long, but I specifically love it in the spring. With the windows open, a crisp breeze and this clean scent its heavenly!
SHOP THE POST AND OTHER FAVORITES
When I was in middle school, I had a graphic tee for just about everything. While now looking back at some of those trendy tees (such as “Jesus Is My Homeboy”…) make me cringe, there’s a new, chic update that I’ve found myself obsessing over again (like my favorite Budweiser tee). Paired with my favorite high-waisted jeans and a boxy blazer, I love how adding a fun graphic tee creates a relaxed, vintage vibe.
Today, I’ve rounded up some of my favorite ones for sale right now that help you easily achieve that lived in look, without having to dig around at a thrift store for the perfect one.
WORDS AND SAYINGS
MOVIES AND MUSIC
1. I recently found this amazing store called Bulletin in Soho and it has become my go-to for gifts. For the holiday season, they are opening their 90s themed mini mall in Flatiron and its way too much fun not to stop and shop in! Another great reason to shop there? The store features all women owned brands and 10% of all their sales go to help Planned Parenthood. A pink store that plays J. Lo all day, what’s not to love!?
2. It’s my birthday on Sunday, so I’m heading out for tacos and margaritas tonight with some of my favorite people. I’m planning on wearing this shirt and not only do I love the price and how it looks, but its also called the “Carly” shirt so how could I not resist?!
3. It’s crazy how quick things went from Halloween to Christmas but I don’t hate it! I love this cute Christmas cookie guide Liz put together, Lauren’s Christmas tree decorating ideas and Jenn’s incredible gift guide!
4. If you’re a fan of Man Repeller, now you too can hang their photos in your home thanks to their new collab with Framebridge! Obsessed with the Lobster Dinner and The Face Mask prints.
5. Weekend sales, shop away! My favorite winter coat, the field jacket I can’t get enough of and this luxe faux fur vest.
Namrata Joshipura Bow, Zara Fur (old, similar)
Dry Shampoo, amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: This dry shampoo has been my favorite for years thanks to its amazing scent and easy to blend powder, making my dirty hair looks its best.
Texture Spray, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray: Since my hair is a natural wave/curl to it, I rely on this texturizing spray to help get “just back from the beach” waves. Plus, it gives your hair an incredible scent so its worth an extra few sprays.
Frizz Protectant, R+Co Foil Frizz Plus Static Control Spray: For when I just need to smooth away flyaways or help get rid of frizz, this spray is the one I always reach to. Plus the packaging is too cute not to leave out on my vanity.
Hair Spray, L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Extra Strong Hold Hairspray: This hairspray is a favorite among hair stylists and celebrities and I quickly learned why once I started using it. It keeps my hair in place all day, and great for helping smooth any flyaways as well.
Heat Protectant, Kerastase L’incroyable Blowdry Lotion: Before blow drying my hair, I like to apply two pumps of this lotion throughout my hair. The reason this is a favorite is because it allows you to easily restyle or change your hair with the use of heat tools and not have to worry about rewashing to get a different look.
Hair Oil, OUAI Hair Oil: At night, I’m all about covering my hair and skin in oil. From the minute I first tried the OUAI oil on my hair I was hooked. It smells INCREDIBLE. If you’re a fan of jasmine and floral scents, this oil is perfect. You only need one pump to coat your hair with the ideal amount. I apply it to my wet hair and let it air dry for smoother, natural waves.
Shampoo and Conditioner, L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate Free Blonde Shampoo and Conditioner: Although I am a brunette, I love to use a purple shampoo and conditioner on my hair to keep my blonde highlights from getting brassy, and the rest of my hair turning red. This shampoo and conditioner is such a great price point and has kept my hair looking its best for months now.
Curling Wand, amika Curl Icon Base Kit: I’ve never been able to curl my own hair until I tried this wand from amika. It makes it so easy to get those relaxed waves. I can curl my whole head now in under 15 minutes and the interchangeable wand sizes make it easy to find the perfect sized curls for you!
Straightner, Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth 1 1/4″ Flat Iron: No joke, I have had this hair straightner since I was a junior in high school and it still works like its brand new I’ve never found another straightner that does the job like this one, especially with my thick and wavy hair.
Accessories, J. Crew: J. Crew always seems to nail it when it comes to hair accessories. My favorite this season is their velvet bow hair-ties and I had to use self control not to buy all three colors! They’re perfect for dressing up a simple outfit this fall and holiday season.
SHOP THE POST